Express 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Express 112

Purchased from: Yard Sale

I use a cheap BC rich warlock with this amp and it makes it sound great. The amp is actually really quite unless you turn the reverb up to 10, then it hums a little. I've only turned this amp up all the way 1 time, and it was pretty loud, people next door complained about it. Some of the other reviews complain about lack of gain, it works fine for me but I still prefer my MT-2, if you turn the pre-gain pretty high, it distorts it quite well.

This amp is amazing, it's well worth the money, at $200 it is far better than most others at the same price, I'm not sure if they still makes these or not. I wasn't sure if I wanted this or a Line 6 Spider II but after reading some reviews about the spider, I'm glad I got this one. I have nothing bad to say about this amp.

Haven't had it long, so I can't really say anything on this. But I'm sure that yes I would gig with this amp without a backup. As long as it's a really small gig. It seems really sturdy, I have 2 other amps sitting on top of this one. It's pretty heavy as well.

This amp has pretty much everything I'd expect an amp to have. It's a 65-Watt amp which is plenty for practice, and jamming, and even some small gigs. It doesn't actually have any built in effects other than Reverb, but I prefer pedals anyways. It has 2 different Equalizers, 1 for the clean channel and 1 for the dirty. Really easy to use, but the amount of knobs may be intimidating to anyone Who isn't used to big amps, I upgraded from a 15-Watt Kustom which only had 4 knobs. It has 4 buttons, 1 is the Bright button, which is like a treble booster for the clean channel, it doesnt't work if you switch it to dirty. Another button changes it from clean to dirty, then under the dirty setting there is a button that turns on gain, and one called Thrash that is a mid booster. It also has Transtube tech. making it mimick a tube amp, even though it's a SS. The T.Dynamics doesn't really make that much of a difference to me, although a little is noticed.