JSX Joe Satriani Signature Head review by Peavey

Peavey: JSX Joe Satriani Signature Head

I mainly play this amp with my Ibanez RG270DX w/ EMG81/SA/85 I play metal and this amp will hang with the best of them. With the 3 channel combination you can dial in just about any tone you want. From Country, to rock, to metal and everything in between. The clean channel is crisp and does not break up. I refuse to use the word "Brutal" when describing anything but I will say this amp does have monster gain, and even with nothing in it the FX loop acts as a boost when turned on.

Excellent amp and worth every penny. About as close to perfect as I could have asked for. If it were stolen I would definitely buy another one. I love the versatility you get with this amp and I really have no complaints. I have been playing for 18 years and this amp takes care of all the features and tones I need.

When I bought this Amp I did not have the footswitch hooked up while testing it. I quickly realized I had a problem when I got it home and noticed the amp would not Switch channels using the footswitch. I took the amp back in and had it repaired under warranty. No hassles at all. It has worked flawless ever since. Due to space restrictions when we travel I am forced to use this amp without a backup. I have no problems doing this since this amp has been rock solid for me for the nearly 3 years I've owned it.

This is a USA built amp. Mine was manufactured in 2005. This amp will take care of you no matter what style you play. Features: 120 watts via 4 EL34 power tubes and 4 12AX7 preamp tubes. Switchable to 6L6 tubes. 3 Channels (CLean, Crunch, Lead) Foot switchable Effects Loop w/ Input/output gain control Independent volume control on each channel with Master volume 3 button footswitch for "lead/crunch,Clean,FX loop" setings. 1/4inch line out Selectable 4/8/16 ohm output. Built in Noise gate. Amp does not have reverb, but I never use it anyway so for me this configuration is just about as perfect as it gets for an amplifier.