Rage 158 review by Peavey

Peavey: Rage 158

Purchased from: B Sharp Music

I use my ESP LTD EC-50 on this amp and it sounds actully really good. It can go distorted, it can go clean whatevr. A lot of people say that the distortion sucks and all this. But I really think it is a good amp for practicing. If you really crank it up it is umbearablly loud. The amp can make a little variety but it is, the clean can sometimes be a little quite but that is ok. It is a above average sound.

I play punk-rock, I would say it suits me well. It depends if you like the distortion on it. I think it is actully pretty good. I have been playing for over a year, and I got my ESP LTD EC-50 and a two many other things to mention. There is nothing I wished I would have asked because I knew that it is a practice amp and that is what it does best. It is way above average for practicing. If it were stolen I would maybe look around a bit more to see what else but at the end of the day I would MAYBE buy it again. I love how durible it is, I hate that there is not much power but enough for practicing and my favourite feature would have to be the vintage/modern Switch. That is my review on the Peavey Range 158 amp.

Well I don't think it would be strong enough to play in a gig. You would get something with more power and more variety. But if we were going by reliability not sound I would definitely take it. It is such a great solid little amp. It has never broken down on me or anything. Peavey makes great quality amps. So again not even power for a gig but durability wins me over. I would take it alone.

The Peavey Range 158 is a pretty solid amp. I have one for practicing and it works like a charm. I put it in my room and I crank it up playing my punk-rock music. It has 2 channels lead and clean. My favourite part about this amp is the modern and Vintage Switch. The only thing really you can expect more is a few more channels but it is no big deal. Overall the amp itself is very, very solid so it could withstand alot of pressure.

Justice_Fish
    If you want a good disto... buy the Peavey Bandit 112. It's one step higher than this.
    childofbodom14
    ive been playing for 3 years still use it (will be replacing it soon) it has plenty of distortion. buying a distortion pedal for a beggingers amp is just a waste. it only has basic sounds but definitly sounds alright
    matx33
    okay I re-evaluated my review on this. I now dislike the distortion. Tube all the way. the clean is fine on it. and I would never even consider a Line 6 Spider amp anymore. I don't exactly know how to edit/remove reviews, so this is what I've got.