Rage 158 review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 1.5 Junky
Peavey: Rage 158

Purchased from: First National Pawn

I'm using a Dean Custom that has 2 invader humbuckers in it right now. The amp can't do crap. It's noisy as heck in every enviroment no matter what setting. The amp makes a very horrible sound, but I have managed to get a good clean jazz guitar sound for jazz band. If the clean channel is distorted at high volumes it would blow up before then. The distortion is horrible. The good thing is that I run my good guitar through a Behringer V-AMP2 which gives the amp an atleast almost good sound.

I play mostly classic rock and metal. This amp deffinatly doesn't match(atleast without the v-amp2). I've been playing for 3 1/2 years. I own a Behringer Ultraroc GX110, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, Behringer V-AMP2, Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, and a Dean Custom. I should've asked if it would be a piece of shit even though I played it before I bought. I sounded ok but a month later it went downhill. If it was stolen I would be thankful. I don't love it. I hate it because is sucks. No feature in the world would make this amp good so there is no favorite feature. I wish it had a good sound!

I would never depend on this! I would never use this at a gig without backup. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't use this as a backup! I'm pretty sure the amp is breaking down. It is probobly from neglect at the pawn shop and from the previus owner.It is solid state and doesn't require tubes. If it had tubes I'm pretty sure it wouldn't sound as bad.

This is not versitile at all! I play mostly classic rock and metal and this thing is totally crapped out! It won't even go to high volumes without doing some freaky crap. The lead channel is ugly. This amp has 2 channels, lead and clean. It has a 3-band EQ(low, mid, high) and has a volume knob for the clean channel and a pre and a post knob for the lead channel. It has a phone jack and a CD in/tape out jack. No power could help this amp. Even if it had the power it would blow up or something.