Rage 158 review by Peavey

Peavey: Rage 158

Purchased from: my dad

I use the overdrive with my epeiphone les paul and a DigiTech hotrod distortion pedal. I can play pretty much any thing I want to and it doesnt't sqeel that bad. It can go pretty loud with distortion but it doesnt't have sound effects like fading or anything like that.

I play rock, classic rock, metal, acoustic rock, etc. and it really fits with me because it can change to what you want it to. I've been playing for 2 years and I have this amp, an Epiphone les paul, an Electra les paul, a burswood electric, a Takamine acoustic- electric, a silver tone acoustic, a DigiTech hotrod distortion pedal, a remo drum set, a keyboard, anda Crate amp and a burswood g-10 amp. If it got stolen I would definetly go and buy another one!

It is the most dependable amp I have and I don't think I would really need a backup in a gig because it has never given me any problems. It has never went out and I keep it in a same place and don't do anything that would cause damage to it. It had a buzzing noise once, but it was fixed by cleaning it out because it was really old when I got it.

The Peavey Rage 158 is my favorite amp that I own. It is really good for rock, metal, classic rock, and stuff like that. It has 2 channels, normal, and then overdrive. It has headphone jack which I use alot. The only feature I wish it had is a bigger variety of sounds on the knobs. I use all the feature it has because there are a lot of songs I like to play in many different genres.I use it mostly in my house but I always take it with me to band practice because it has a big sound to it and it's pretty small to the ones they use.

metal_666_man
    very first amp i ever got, and the odd time i still bring it out when i play in my room and i still thinks its great. Perfect for starters or just playing in your room. Ive had no doubts with peavey as i am now playing a valve king half stack and its absolutely amazing in my opinion.
    Mad_Rocker_Guy
    This is the first amp I got, and I loved it, until one day the Lead channel decided that it didnt want to work anymore, so I was stuck with clean for about a month Got a Line 6 Spider III 75w now, and it's great.
    guitarfreak222
    This amp is indeed very loud. At my school they have one and I use it for school performances and can easily overpower drums. (Unless if the drummer is playing as hard as he/she can).
    dyllan93
    i can play all types of rock with this amp: metal, blues, hard rock, all my favorites. it's not my favorite (i'd like to get my hands on a marshall) but this is a very good one