Solo Series review by Peavey

Peavey: Solo Series

Price paid: C$ 100

Purchased from: Colosimo's Music

I use a Fender Strat with this amp, and it sounds good enough for me. The Strat has Single Coil pickups, which are noisy, but good enough for what I need. This amp is only noisy when you turn the Middle and High settings up past 8. It sounds better in the Warmer weather, like when I play outside in like, 25 Degrees celsuis.(about 80 Degrees Ferinheight)The distortion can be Kinda brutal when there's max Low, Overdrive and High, with no Middle.It sounds very punkish then. When this amp is turned up loud, the Clean pretty much only gets louder, except when you have distortion and volume on Max, then it sounds pretty bad.

This amp is a very good for The Music I play, Like I said earlier it has decent distortion for metal, rock and blues and a great Clean for well, clean stuff.I have only been playing for about a year now, but I am better then you would expect the average 1 year player to be. I own as Fender Strat, but I am getting a Dean Guitar soon. If this thing was stolen, I don't think I would buy another one becuse it's only a practace amp, and I would need something bigger as I progressively got better at Guitar.I like the overall sound of the amp, but I just wish it has more features built into it. Like a trmolo control, another Gain knob, and some more features. When I was looking for Amps, I also looked at the Roland Cube, and a couple other small amps. but I got this one becuase it was Bigger and had more features built into it, The Peavey Solo also had more Wats, Which was obviously Good.

I depend very much on this amp, becuase it's my only nice sounding amp.my Other amp has terrible everything so I never use it.I would never use this at a gig cause it's only a practace amp.But this amp has never broken, or ever needed servicing becuase it'r very durable and reliable.And as I said earlier, I dropped this thing down my stairs and it was in Perfect shape, this thing is built like a Tank!

This amp does very well for what I need in a practace amp. it doesn't have channel switching becuase it's only 15Wats. But this is the toughest little amp you'll ever get, I have had it for just over a year now. I dropped it down my steps once becuase I was bringing it to my friends house so we could Jam together, and the amp was still in perfect shape, no dent's, scratches or broken speaker, I was completely blown away by this. This amp his fairly decent dist. and a very nice Clean. The Dist. is good for punk, hard rock, clean music and blues, which is basicly all I play. The amp is Trans Tube so you don't get any problems like with the normal Tube amp. This thing does have a headphone jack and a Jack for putting your CD's/ MP3's in, so you can play along with some music. For something that is 15W, I expected it would be a tiny bit louder, but it is fine for what I need.

Blas3
    My cousin has something like or exactly this, and he is blown away with it And has a good tone, I can tell too