Solo Series review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
Peavey: Solo Series

Purchased from: Ross Music

I use an Epiphone Les Paul Standard through this amp and play everything fromm blues, jazz, classical, rock, and metal. It is a versatile little amp and can do these sounds, just not well. It is noisy on every setting but it increases with gain or volume. It can do every sound but the overdrive just sounds terrible at every setting. Htere is always a popping and rattling sound and it cracks with bass past five. The clean channel doesn't get distorted until the amp is on ten and even then you have to pick hard. This is a decent starter amp but ounce you develope a sense of what sounds good and what tone you want it just doesn't cut it.

This is a good starter amp and I will recomend it but when you get better it isn't enough. I don't want to discourage anybody from not geting this its just a cheap started amp so you should know what too expect. This can do any style just not very well. i have een playing for too years and own this along with a Vox AC50 and my Epiphone. I would not buy this again if it was lost or stolen because I have a better amp now. I compared this after I bought it too many Orange, Vox, Marshall, Crate, and Roland amps all are more expensive and they just blow it away, but you get what you pay for. I wish it had some built in reverb and some built in effects too. Overall it is a great starter amp and if you want it go for it!

This thing is very cheaply made and the parts are not very durable. I wouldn't gig with it simply because it sounds bad. I take good care of it but after a few years it starts to fall apart. I use it for jamming with other guitarist and that is the only use it gets where it has to leave the house.

This is a Peavey Solo D amplifier made in China. It has one channel and has a built in overdrive with a level control. It has a headphone jack and a jack to plug in a CD or mp3 player. It is 12w and it is pretty powerfull for home use. It's just a simple solid state amp.

arihantverma52
    Can you tell me if this also acts as effects ? or i have to buy them separately. Please reply. thanks
    b1droid
    I has one and i paid 79.99 and its prety good it can make a GREAT CLEAN SOUND AND A GREAT DISTORTION SOUND and an okay Lead Sound