Transchorus 210 Review

manufacturer: Peavey date: 06/07/2004 category: Guitar Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Peavey: Transchorus 210
The Amp has 3 channel Clean Crunch and Lead. It has channel switching but I don't have the Footswitch.
 6.4
 3.7
 1,901
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Transchorus 210 Reviewed by: gio, on june 07, 2004

Purchased from: Mooloolaba Music

Features: - 2x10 inch blue marvel speakers - 2X50 watts - Footpedal channel selector - 3 channels, clean, crunch and lead - Stereo FX loop - Headphone jack - "Transtube" technology // 8

Sound: I have only had it for about 2 months and I have been playing guitar for only about a year. Up until this amp I had an Ashton 6 Watt a pretty big jump up I think. I use it with my Epiphone SG Special and it sounds beautiful. I get a lot of feedback though with the gain right up but I think thats my guitar. Basically, the sound quality and response is quite close to a tube amp because of the "transtube" technology thing. This also allows you to choose how much power your giving the amp. Mine is always on 100% because why would I want it to sound like a 10watt? Plenty of tone in clean and a really ballsy crisp distortion very much like AC/DC. Great reverb as well, but I barely use it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: So far no problems at all every saturday I practice with my band and we play from 10 in the morning til 7 at night in 2 months I have never had any problems at all, and im really happy with it. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a mixture of music from Eric Clapton, AC/DC, Audioslave, Slayer and it performs just great. When I bought it I also compared it to the Marshall equivelant and there was little difference. I chose this over the Marshall because I prefer the distortion and I like the fact that this has 2 speakers, it gives a clearer sound. If it was lost, smashed, stolen I would get another if I had the money. for the prive its an Excellent Amp and I reccomend it to everyone looking for a small gig/ jaming amp. // 8

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ Vypyr 100 6.1 Guitar Amplifiers 01/16/2016