Transformer 212 review by Peavey

Purchased from: Samuel Music

I use a Telecaster and a vintage Jaguar with factory pups, favoring the Tele for rock & roll. An adjustable noise gate and sensitivity help to tame this gentleman when using high gain distortion. Efx include chorus, flanger, phaser, tremelo, rotating speaker, tap tempo, and reverb. You can choose several combinations and depth of effects, or go clean as you prefer. I did have to invest a lot of time to find the sounds I was looking for, but that is to be expected when the options are virtuously endless.

I have been playing for over 30 years, and do consider this at measure up to Peavey's claim to be a premier modeling amp. It may not have a pure 'tube' sound, but comes so close I doubt there are many people with a good enough ear to tell the difference (I can't). All in all, I'm very satisfied, and would pick this amp again. Only thing is, it is a little pricey, although in line with other amps of the same type.

Based on previous experience with Peavey amps, I feel they are making one the most dependable amps on the market. I have never had to have repairs of any kind, nor have my friends had any trouble with Peavey guitar amps.

Previously, I used an old Fender Twin Reverb for many years and was well pleased with it. Wanting lighter weight and more features lead me to Peavey(solid state). Solid state amps have come a long ways toward emulating that 'tube' sound. I play country and rock & roll, this amp can do both with ease and has plenty of power to gig with. Since there are so many possibilities of sounds/effects, a lot of time is required to familiarize yourself to this amps capabilities, and there are many. (The headphone jack will keep you out of trouble while practicing at home).