Transtube 112 EFX review by Peavey

Peavey: Transtube 112 EFX

I mainly use a Peavey Generation EXP guitar, with standard pickups. It suit's me pretty well, and can go to many different settings, with a moderate variety of sounds to it. It does get distorted at high volumes, but it isn't too brutal until you get to about 7 or 8 on the volume dial, which it's not meant to go to anyways.

I play almost any type of music, and this amp suit's me perfectly. I have been playing guitar for 5 years, and played electric for 4. Over those 4 years, I have played many Live gigs with it, but because of it's small size, I suggest it be merely a beginners amp, and you should get something bigger eventually. But still, it is reliable, has a high quality sound, and has served me well. I hope it serves you well, too.

I have depended on this amp ever since I started playing electric guitars, and has held up absolutly perfectly since then. At lest until I got a new (and bigger) Line 6 Spider III amp. The hardware has not gotten worse over time and has held it's sound, and it is very sturdy. I have dropped it about 3 times, and nothing has gone wrong. This surprised me as I have heard many tubes break down regularily.

This guitar is easy to use, and easy to learn the controls. I had them memorized within half an hour. It does not have any channel switching or special sound effects. It does have a headphone jack. Althouhg this guitar does not have a lot of power behind it, is is a reliable, sturdy amp. I play many types of music, and this goes perfectly with that, but still; not enough power in this tiny amp.