Transtube 112 EFX review by Peavey

Peavey: Transtube 112 EFX

Purchased from: a Man

It sounds Fantastic with pretty much any guitar. I play it alot with my epi Les paul, and it sounds like a Gibson through a tube, especially on the high gain setting with pre-gain at about 3. The clean channel is beautifully smooth and rich with both buckers and singlecoils. You can get pretty much any style of music from this amp, except perhaps really dark metal. The effects are about as good as you can get without using pedals and the T.Dynamics control adds brilliant boosts and compressions for quality tube sounds at high volumes. One of the best solid states I've ever played.

It provides me with brilliant blue tones that i love on clean and dirty channels. I love the overdrives, the reverb, FX loop and T.Dynamics. Just wish it had a external speaker jack rather than headphones, because i doubt a 65watt amp into headphones is a good idea. If it was lost/broken etc. I think I'd buy the transtube studio pro 112, essentially the same amp and the only reasons for this are that it doesn't have EFX built in (I use pedals now), and there is an external speaker jack :) Summed up? A damned good amp, one of the best solid states out there. Transtube for the win.

Very well built, lugged around alot in and out of cars etc. with no signs of any damage at all, despite being preowned when I got it. I think Peavey have a thing about building their amps stronger than they ever really need to be, a big plus, and definatley giggable. The sound stays consitently beautiful :)

Theres very little this amp doesn't do, 2 channels with low, mid & high, Tremolo, Flanger, Phaser, Chorus, Touch Wah, Octaver, Rotary Speaker, Reverb and Delay, T.dynamics (a godsend) and an FX loop. All effects are fully adjustable. Presence, and a gain controll on the clean channel would be nice. 65 of peaveys finest watts through a very nice blue marvel speaker. I want to give it a ten but it doesn't have as many features as the 212 so for that...

prism12
    These are nearly impossible to find now. I located a new old stock unit a while back. Had a used one first. It is an excellent choice for me as I play mostly traditional country, blues and rock & roll. All effects are available on the face and alternately the foot switch.