Transtube 212 EFX review by Peavey

Peavey: Transtube 212 EFX

Purchased from: Good News Music

I am using a Fender '70s strat (see my reveiw) with Seymour Duncan hotrails in the bridge, cool rails in the middle and Vintage rails in the neck (all humbuckers) And I am telling you this amp will scream! With a good humbucker. I play everything from jazz to punk to eighties hair band music and all the bases are covered. It does take a while to get a good tone, but take your time and you will be pleased. The clean channel is just that; clean all the way up to ten. The distortion can go anywhere fron a little gain, to enough to make your mind explode. Best amp I have ever played on, it whoops any Marshall, Roland, and most fenders. Unbeliveable!

Any music, any time any day. I have been playing for five years. I don't own another amp, but I am in a band and play on other peoples equiptment, and they all want to trade. I play with a les paul standard, and a Godin montreal, and my strat of course the amp is as close to perfect as it gets.

This amp is indestructable. It weighs like sixty pounds. I do use it at gigs without a backup. weather this is because I don't need to or because I sold my last amp, I will let you decide. Never broken down, and a buddy once dropped it down a flight of stairs right before the talent show. I reattached to cord, and used it that night.

This amp is totally awesome. I think the year is 2002. It is perfect for rock, blues, funk, pretty much anything you want to play, and it can power an external speaker cab, so it can be as loud as you want. there are two channels, clean and lead, it comes with a footswitch to toggle between them. The amp also has nine internal effects (tremelo, funk wah, phaser, flanger, rotary speaker, and chorus) they sound decent, but not if you are a pro. Anways, who buys an amp for the effects? the real stor is in the sound. On the clean channel, you can switch between a Vintage tube sound (perfect) and a modern sound (pretty good) and on the lead channel, you can switch between Vintage, modern and high gain (all top notch). The best part is a tube sound is perfectly acheived with no actual tubes. One can use this amp on any gig up to a medium size. Bigger then that, you can plug a cab into it and you're set. 100 watts is plenty. In a previous reveiw, somebody stated that prestets for the effects can't be saved to the foot switch. Apparently, if you turn off the amp you loose your presets. I am here to tell you that this is compleatly false. If you read your manuel, you will find a riddiculously complicated and hard to understand process that will save presets even if you unplug the amp.