Transtube 212 EFX review by Peavey

Peavey: Transtube 212 EFX

Purchased from: pawn shop

I have the B\.C\. Rich Bronze Warlock with 2 pickups (SD Demon at the bridge and SD Pearly Gates at the neck) I mostly like to play rock. The amp is not very noisy at all it plays nice and clean as well as very dirty. The disortion is good for all rock. The sound is great I think for just about any stle of playing. I have a friend that has had a Marshall 112 for about 2 years and he went to trade it in for the efx 112 at the local shop just to have all the effects on the amp with having to buy all the pedals to do so.

I mostly play rock and this is a very good amp for that style. I have been playing guitar for about 8 years I also have a Fender Strat (great for clean playing) and I have a full stack Crate at my parents house. If I ever lost this thing I would buy it again if I had the money I came up on this one on accident (I was at the tattoo shop waiting for my artist to get there to talk to him about doing some more work and while I was waiting I went next door to the pawn shop and there it was marked down to 175 and I told them I would give them 100 cash out the door they took it and I was happy but the tattoo will have to wait I stole the bitch good). Retail for Peavey is 699.99 the coolest thing this small amp has is the 4 button pedal switch way cool most only have 2 or 3.

This amp has held up very well the only thing wrong with it is a pot stem broke but still works (I have a new one on order). This amp is very stout and would withstand just about anything I think. For the money retail 699.99 this amp is a little steep but well worth it. I have had other amps in the past and I really like the way this one plays and sounds. You can not go wrong with this amp.

The amp I have was made in 2003. This amp is very fuctional and versatile, with 2 channels (clean and dirty) a bad ass foot swith with programmable presets an effects loop input it is awesome. As far as feautures I wish it had I don't think this thing is missing any at all the are all there 9 effects built in. I just play this thing at home (I am not in a band or anything). It is very load even at a low level.