Transtube 212 EFX review by Peavey

Peavey: Transtube 212 EFX

Purchased from: Pawn shop

I use Duncan designed pick ups on a DX6 Jackson guitar. Clean chanel sounds prefect. I run a cheap little distortion pedel through the clean chanel and it sounds just the way I want it to. I have my guitar on middle volume and my distorter on all middle settings, I can only have the amp's valume between 1 and 2 (goes to nine). It can be loud when I need it to be.

I play everything but Blues and Jazz (wouldn't recomend this amp for those styles). The amp can go from slipnot to Blink 182. I have been playing for two years. I own a Ibanez Rg 470 and it sounds great on it too. It doesn't matter what guitar you use this amp makes it sound great. The amp works best for metal, but surprizingly you can get some good techno sounds out of it.

Perfect for the 6 months I have had it. It is very dependable. plays large range of music. You can have many effects on it. You can make techno sounds very easily or pug in a distortion pedel for an extra kick. Sounds bext on Clean with distortion pedel. I believe it was worth $700.00 when it first came out and is now discontinued.

You can play any style with this amp. You can get any sound (except heavy distortion) with out buying any pedels. All effects are built right in. There is a two chanel- Clean chanel, witch has Vintage or modern options to it. Lead Chanel also has modern and Vintage options. This is the chanel where you can get some high gain, but not heavy heavy distortion. It has referb, delay, eight effects (funk way, chorus, and fazer to name a few.) It is a two speeker, 300 watt tube amp. It has an effect loop but no head phone jack.

djmay71
    maddrumer wrote: are you sure?
    sure. it doesn't have a headphone jack. jack.
    goo2
    Is there a way to connect headphones to the peavey transtube 212 efx?
    thrasher123789
    i believe so you can check out the outputs on the back http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=Peavey+Tra... Amplifier+back&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1WZPD_enCA425CA425& biw=1366&bih=667&tbm=isch&tbnid=w4bDaUR37nSr7M:&imgrefurl=ht tp://www.elderly.com/items/130U-8215.htm&docid=7Sq14q8XJovQV M&w=640&h=480&ei=qU9cTp6tBc-utwf6gsDjAw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=5 28&page=2&tbnh=152&tbnw=221&start=18&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r, s:18&tx=40&ty=90
    thrasher123789