Transtube Bandit 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Transtube Bandit 112

Purchased from: St. John's Music

This is a regular cable amp imitating a classic tube amp - and it does so very well. It is extremely versatile, and I must say one thing in terms of its volume: "practice amp, my ass". Sure it's lightweight and Peavey considers this amp "suitable for practices and small gigs but I beg to differ - this amp is a bitch. In the clean channel there is a "modern" and "vintage" preset, and "high gain" (metallish), "modern" (punk/hardcore-ish) and "vintage" (jazz/blues/old rock), to suit any style. The amp is very strong - absolutely NO sound quality decrease as volume increases. There is one 12" speaker into 80W, but dont be mistaken - it's f*ckin loud!

I play mostly punk/emo/hardcore, but my friend uses this exact same model with blues and jazz and its sound is equally appealing. This is a very versatile amp! I've been playing music all my life, and this amp fits my requirements in sound quality perfectly. I play a Tom DeLonge Strat, and no pedals anymore - thanks to the great presets on this amp; you won't need em anymore! This amp has so many features and great sound it's unbelievable. I would without a doubt replace this amp if needed, it's worth every cheap penny its sold for...plus I got it 25% off for a "pre-boxing day sale" (Christmas Eve), so I actually got it cheaper than reg. cost ($550 cdn). Remember though, NEVER by equipment full price, even if its not on sale! Offer just slightly less and be persistent - get the best deal you can! Good luck!

This amp is some tough shit! I've stood on it, jumped off it, everything - yet it still sounds and looks brand new. I would definitely use it without any backup, I have complete trust in this amp. This amp has made me a Peavey fan for life!

This amp is the most advanced model in Peavey's Transtube series - this means it has the most features and biggest size. This amp model is fairly new and versatile for virtually any style - punk, ska, reggae, jazz, blues, metal - and has brilliant sound and tone that fits to each individual style. It allows for effects loop and has a footswitch allowing changes between the clean and lead channels, both extremely customizable with perfect preset tones. There is also a "T.Dynamics" feature allowing different power consumptions and various amp resonance controls to acheive a larger/smaller amp simulation. Although many amps have features commonly unused, I use every feature in this amp to get my perfect sound. Unfortunately there is a key feature missing in this amp, only included in the lowest model in the series - a headphone jack - major shit.