Transtube Bandit 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Transtube Bandit 112

Purchased from: Russels music ,cork

I have a very shit guitar but I've also played an ESP LTD through this amp and it all sounds good. My guitar is a strat copy. No matter what pick up your using be it the bridge, neck whatever, you don't get any unwanted feedback. This amp is great for playing Metal. The distortion is heavy. Which suits me fine, but for the mellower player, it's very hard to get a light overdrive. Even with the gain turned down, this thing still makes for heavy drive. However, plyed clean this thing is a beaut. Nice fat warm sound. Great for little bluesy solos and chords of any description. Clean channel is always clean no matter how loud this baby goes.

As a metal guitarist, I think this amp is the bees knees. Great heavy overdrive. I've been playing nearly two years, I got a s--t Strat copy, but like I've said, I played good guitars through this too. If this got stolen, id probably buy somethin else, but thats just because I like to try new things. I wouldn't not buy it again.

I bought my amp 2nd hand and so far I've got no problems. There was one time when I was playing and someone decided to test how heavy it was and knocked it. Kinda spat a bit but besides that, nothing. There's not much noise off it when left unplayed, just what youd expect from any amp. This baby is classed as a practise amp, but you could use this gigging no bother. Blow the ears off ya. Maybe not as much as a Marshall MF350 head an cab, but its still pretty loud.

With 2 channels, 1 for clean and 1 for overdrive, this amp is all you'll need really. With no built in effects, bar reverb, you'd be surprised how this amp will change you from an effects monkey to a pure guitar and amp man. The footswitch allows you to switch between clean and overdrive, and also allows you to switch to an external effect, which is plugged in at the back of the amp. Sure it lacks a headpone jack, but with an amp this loud it don't matter.