Transtube Bandit 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Transtube Bandit 112

I've A-B'd this next to solid states from Marshall, Fender, Randall, Beringer, and a few others. This lays them to waste. I play a USA strat into a Boss OD 3, DigiTech Grunge, Crybaby, Phase 90, Yamaha Chorus, Danecho, Amp. It rocks, funks, twangs, creams, screams, shreds, thumps and whatever else I've needed from it (playing both in church and clubs, I need a lot). The clean channel is simply the best. I use stomps boxes so my sound always starts from this wondrous tone machine. The boxes also keep me away from the lead channel which is way noisy. Good for low level practice, but turn it to cut thru a mix and here comes the noise. Lots of it. Still sounds good, but noisy. I give it a 5 for clean channel that lets me do anything.

Been playing for 20+ years. Had this amp for two. This is my 2nd Bandit. Had #1 for 8 years. I used to wonder if maybe I could somehow afford a tube amp. This amp made me quit looking. Would I buy it again? Like I said, this is my 2nd. I bought it in case anything happens to one of them.