Transtube Bandit 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Transtube Bandit 112

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

I play mainly punk, rock, and metal, and it is well suited for these genres of music. It has an amazing low end sound as well as an extremely clear high end sound. The clean channel of the amp sounds just about perfect, able to use for just about anything. Jazz, blues, soft rock, ska, you can do just about anything with the clean channel that you want to. On the lead channel, there is a pre gain and post gain adjustment, along with the low/med/high EQ adjustments. The range of sounds that you can get from this amp without any additional effects is amazing. I would suggest this amp for just about any playing style.

Playing metal on this amp is amazing. The responsiveness of it, the range of sound you can get, and the built in distortion. This along with my LTD M-50 makes for a great sounding guitar setup. I did compare this to a Behringer amp, but chose this after reading reviews saying that the Behringer broke down on a few people. Because of owning a Peavey amp already and reading reviews of the Peavey, I chose this one because it would hold up better. The only thing I wish it had were two ten inch speakers instead of one twelve inch. While it sounds fine with one speaker, it would most likely sound even better with two. If you are looking for a guitar amp in or around this price range, I would highly suggest this amp.

Peavey products are known for their durability. I have another Peavey amp (a TNT 100 bass amp) which has been through it's fair share of abuse. It still works like a charm. I would have No Doubt that this amp will be the same. I already knocked it around a few times, and everything is holding up perfect. This amp definately doesn't need a backup.

The features of this amp are excellent, but not perfect. It has very good distortion for an amp, but it does not pump out every single sound you want it to. The amp is still well suited for playing punk, metal, or just rock in general. It has a clean and lead channel each with a modern or Vintage sound and low, medium, and high EQ adjustments. It also has a reverb adjustment, presence adjustment, and a T. dynamics distortion adjustment. The EQ adjustments for both the clean and lead channels are very responsive, which is a great help to me when getting the sound I want out of it. It came with a pedal to switch channels and effects, but the pedal isn't the greatest thing ever made. This is a solid state amp, but it really sounds like a tube amp. I have played my friend's Fender tube amp, and this Peavey sounds as good, if not better. I use this amp for practicing and small gigs, and it is definately loud enough for that.

travis__002
    i love it... i can really dial in a crunch or low tone for metal playing, plus running an effects loops is really easy
    blind_melon1995
    PLEASE HURRY AND HELP- general consensus-is it loud enoguh to gig with and not crank it or get a lot of feedback? thanks all