Transtube Bandit 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Transtube Bandit 112

Purchased from: local music shop

I have a Epi SG310 (not the best guitar I know but it does the job) it has the standered humbuckers that you get with it. As I said I play metal to satch and it does the job great sounds is great for metal. If is it noisy means loud then yes but if it means a little buzzing noise I only get that from my light that I have in my room (I did testing in different rooms) and it's only really noticable when your not playing. The amp sounds are versatile with the Vintage and modern settings as stated in the above question. So yes it does have a good range of sounds.

It is a great match for my playing because it has such a heavey sound in it. I have been play for over a year and a half and I have it plugged through a Boss ME-50 pedalboard which I think affects the dirty channel a bit making it more of a muff but is still good and I have a SG 310 which isn't very good on it's own but plugged into this beauty is amazing. Yes is it seriously this cheap as it came down from around $950 Austrlian. If it was stolen it would definatly be on my list to get it again. I love the deep warm sound I can get out of it my SG can sound like a nice les paul on the right settings. The only thing I hate is moving it around which gets annoying and when my mum touches it and changes a setting on it but that's easy to fix. My favorite feature would be how powerful it is and the dirty sound you can get out of it could kill.

Yes, I could depend on this amp anytime and would definatly gig with it even without back up. No this amp has never broken down on me because of its Transtube technology and it is made by Peavey. Also I have never not used this this amp for over a couple of days because of a blackout other then that I use it everyday. Also it is a Peavey amp to make it break you would have to chuck it off a building and even then it might still work. It came with a 5 year warrenty so yeah very sturdy amp.

Not quite sure what year couldn't find it on it sorry. I play mainly metal like Lamb Of God, maiden, Metallica, Pantera to stuff like Satch and it works well with them. The Bandit had 2 clean channels modern and Vintage and 3 dirty channels modern, Vintage and in between if that counts. I usally have the clean on modern for most the stuff I play but if I play a old song like Bombora (Atlantics). I flick it to Vintage and it gets a nice old sound to it. the dirty I keep in the middle because that sounds the best for metal but the Vintage gives it a less dirty sound and modern a more heavey sound. this amp has plenty of power it's 80 watts and I havn't got to use it at a gig yet:( but it would. I have the power on level 2 dirty you can here it across the street with ease. it doesnt't have a headphone jack though but does have an effects loop. This is a transtube amp so if it falls down the stairs you wont have to replace the tube and it still gets a great sound. if I could give this any features it would be that it was lighter lol things weighs about 22 Kilos and is a bitch to move. I use all the buttons on it and it is a very easy amp to use.

ravenrage07
    I played this amp in a shop and I swear that this amp you would never need a distortion pedal, overdrive pedal, or any other pedal like that for this amp. The distortion modes are absolutely perfect and sound exactly like a tube without the problem of having to replace them or the fragileness of tubes. Its perfect and very very loud!! Its literally the best amp I have ever played and I have even played through Marshall Half-stacks, Krank Half stacks, and alot of other amps. This thing is absolutely amazing!! It doesnt really have built in effects, but who cares?! Most amps with built in effects have effects that suck anyway. Just get some stompboxs or processor or even a rackmount and this thing will scream!! This is not an amp that is "Good for the money" its just d*** good period!