Transtube Bandit 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Transtube Bandit 112

My 1989 Fender Stage 185 died out on me today, so I had to replace it and at 99 bucks, this was a great deal. I couldn't find any issues with it when I tested it out at GC, so it did pass my sound and durabilty test. Then again, Peaveys are built like tanks anyway. The clean on this, is about as close to a Fender as you'll get while the Gain does take some tinkering to get your sound IMO. I am using a DigiTech RP-70 with this and it does seem to take processors really well. All in all, not bad considering what I paid for it.

For 99 bucks, I think I got a pretty damm good deal. This is little bit heavy at around 50 lbs or so, but at my age (53) I could use the exercise anyway. If you happen to come across one of these for a low price, pick it up. Beats the hell out of using a damm Crate, that's for sure.

I just got it today, but it does seem to be solidly built and could probably take one hell of a beating. Mine looks like it's in Near Mint condition and sounds like it as well. I think this will last a long time. I baby all of my gear anyway, so I know it's not going to break down on me.

I'm pretty sure that this is a late 90's, early 2000's model. It is American made, which I do enjoy. It is a 2 channel 80 watt powerhouse with a 12" 100 watt Sheffield speaker and comes with a 2 button stock Peavey Footswitch. It does have a effects loop and a input in the back for a extension speaker as well. You can get 2 types of gain on this, classic and full blown Metal. The clean on this does have a bright which is a sort of boost I guess.

KnightX
    I recently picked up a USA made red stripe. It was used at the local GC, and in spite of me owning 3 fender amps and a teal striped bandit, I couldn't resist.I am so bloody glad I did get it. It is a workhorse (like it's predecessor) and it delivers the best tone available with a solid state amp. Even my tone snob mates agree it has a rich enough sound at all volumes.
    BaDG0oD
    This amp works good with pedals? And also, i play classic rock, punk, Nirvana, Led Zeppelin. This "vintage" style of music, is it good for it?
    markleehunter
    Yes, if you take the time to dial it in (vintage is what I play). I own the Studio Pro 112 red stripe, great amp, and am going to get one of these. Why? Because I A/B'd it for two hours with a storefull of amps, and the ONLY one that sounded better (on the low end) was the Fender Blues Deluxe, which is bigger, heavier, twice the price new and 5X the price used. The Transtube clean channels give you a platform for pedals, and the OD channel crunches very nicely. Great value.