Transtube Special 212 review by Peavey

Peavey: Transtube Special 212

Purchased from: eBay

I use a BC Rich NJ warlock, ESP EX-350, M-100 with EMG's, and a F-50, and they all sound pretty decent on it. A bit much crunch with the ESP's but still good! It suits all my musical style needs. It's not very noisy at all, this amp can make almost any sound imaginable. The clean channel stays pretty clean even at high volumes. The distortion can rip your face off, or just give you a bit of a clean overdrive.

I play mostly metal and blues and it matches those styles well. I have been playing guitar for 3 years, and I have owned a lot of other Peavey and Marshall amps, and this one blows them all away. I would buy another one quickly if it were stolen. I like just about everything on this amp, except that the dirty channels share an EQ. I compared it to so many other amps, Marshall, Mesa, Fender, Crate, it beat them all. It is a great amp, it's pretty much all I need out of an amp.

I would gig without a backup, it seems well built, and I would rely on it for a long time.

I believe this is a 2004 made. This amp is amazing, the clean still stays clean on 5, the dirty can do anything from blues, to the heaviest death metal rage! 3 channels all are awesome! I use about all the features, it has a ton, and they are all so great, you have to use it! the effects loop is good. I believe it is in stereo, so that rules! This amp can do just about any tube sound around. This thing is powerfull as hell, turned it up, and I could keep up with my friends half stack! No problem! Not to mention the ability to add extra cabs easily helps!