Transtube Special 212 review by Peavey

Peavey: Transtube Special 212

Price paid: C$ 200

Purchased from: Kijiji

The sound on this amp, like I said before has a very wide range of sounds. Our band plays classic rock and hard rock and everything in between, and this amp is awesome! There is minimal noise on all channels. The Distortion is also suitable for death core metal. Just crank the pre-gain.

I have been playing music all my life and have own/heard lot of huge half stacks that are disappointing for their size, but this amp has some balls. It will very easily keep up with my friends half stack, and, Il be it, I think this is a little better. If this amp were to get stolen, I would go out and buy another one before I would make sure it was gone. I love everything, and hate nothing, awesome product.

I would definitely bring it to a gig with no back-up, as this amp is a solid unit. The amp has never broken down on me so far, although I have only had it for 3 months. This amp is practically bullet-proof. The thing whigs like 50 pounds, and unless they filled it with sand bags, it is a very well built. I mean its a Peavey... Nuf Said.

The Peavey Special 212 has so many different sounds that you can get out of it. With its 3 channels, clean, lead and ultra, and a pre-gain and a post-gain for each channel, make it able to achieve a very high range of sounds from death metal to a great clean blues sound. The clean channel, is very good, even at a high volume. It is very crisp and has no or very little distortion. The foot petal has 3 led lights that indicate what channel is being used which is a great feature. It also comes with a 3 way toggle switch for switching the channels, in case you lose the petal (or forget it).

MaggaraMarine
    caballeroares wrote: mi peavy 212 transtube viene equipado con 2 alltavoces de doce pulgadas y cuatro ohmios conectado en serie ya que el amplificador entrega 100 vt.la marca de los conos es blue marvel,con fsx digitales incluidos controlados por pedalera incluida por favor mostrar imagen de mi modelo
    Speak English or die.
    rv_phoenix
    MaggaraMarine wrote: Speak English or die.
    Dear friend, nice to meet you again. Let me remind you an old (and sad) Chinese sentence: no matter what you make in life, don't forget that a billion of Chinese will never hear about it. Unfortunately, English is not the language of the planet. And, worse than that, it doesn't have such a bright future neither. Are you aware that 90% of the gear we are writing about, here, at the UG, is made in China, India, Indonesia, Vietnam or Korea? As for this Peavey - which I believe was discontinued by now -, the problem with the newly added review, submited by unregistered , is the fact that, despite playing in a band, the guy doesn't seem to be aware of Transtube's worst flaw: its muddy cleans. And, subsequently, its blurred distortion. It provides a lot of dirt, but not always that kind of dirt we like... An 9,8 is way too much. Something between 7,5 and 8 would be closer to reality.
    cody.cooper.357
    hey i have one of these that i got for free because it doesn't work quite right... it sounds really good when it decides to work but sometimes it stops playing sound or it starts crackling like there's a loose or something. does anyone out there know how to fix this. I also have another peavey 212 that does the same thing... with either one, if they start acting up all you have to do is punch them or give them a little kick and they work right again... at least for a while anyway. But I really don't like doing that because it isn't the best thing to do to a nice old amp thats in great shape. lol so can anyone give me some information about this?