Transtube Studio Pro 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Transtube Studio Pro 112

Purchased from: Ted Good's Music

I've played a few different guitars on this amp. This amp has very good clean and a very good piercing lead tone if set right. I play alot of heavy-metal, death metal, and hard rock and this amp suits it almost perfect. It can be noisy if you are using low-quality pickups or if the pre-gain is too high. It can cover a wide range of styles from blues to the most extreme metal. The distortion is also very well for a transtube amp.

I play a lot of metal and this amp suits my style very well. It has a great lead tone and can cut through the mix very, very well. I have been playing for a few years and this is one of the best transtube/solidstate amps I've ever used. This product is essentially what you pay for. Nothing more, nothing less. The things I love about this amp is it's well-toned distortion and its ability to cut through the mix of instruments when live. The only thing I dislike about this amp is that it has no headphone jack, other than that, it's very nice amp for the price I paid for it. I've used the transtube 212 special and essentially it was the same amp, only louder. Overall, this is a very good product for its price, definately worth looking into if you are new to gigging or are on a budget.

I've gigged with this amp three times and it hasn't failed me yet. The leather carrying handle broke but that's no big deal as it doesn't change the sound. It needs very little maintenance as it's tube doesn't need replacing, only the fuse does if you blow it. I would use this amp without a backup mainly because I've done it 3 times before and I can do it again and again without worrying.

It's a 2005 Peavey Studio Pro 112. It is 65 watts transtube which is solidstate with a pre-amp tube in it. It has 2 channels, lead and clean. Lead being distortion. It also has high gain and low gain inputs. It has T. Dynamics which is a neat new feature which lets you control the amps power. It has an FX loop but no headphone jack which would be very convienient since this amp is loud for bedroom practice. It has control knobs for both channels, one for the lead and one for the clean channel. Control knobs include pre-gain, post gain, mid, high, low, and reverb. It also has a voicing switch for each channel.

Illusive
    I just got this amazing piece of equipment and i just love it. whish it had a headphonejack though
    JayGray
    no headphonejack but if your desperate, plug in the headphones to the external speaker but dont plug them in all the way. It works out if you want to, but if it's plugged in all the way you won't get volume in one side of your headphones.
    Cam Dude
    I got this amp not long ago, perfect in evey way, suits my needs, but yea the only thing bad about it is that it doesnt have a headphone jack.