Transtube Studio Pro 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Transtube Studio Pro 112

Purchased from: Music StoreT

I'm using an Ibanez RG series with this amp. Works out great. I play a lot of thrash and this thing is one incredible monster at making the tone perfect. The amp is not noisy one bit. The clean is perfect at low and high volumes. Again I play a lot of thrash and some heavy metal but I think this Amp can survive any genre of music.

This thing is awesome for thrash, metal, heavey metal, and any other genre. This amp is one versitile beast. I use a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal for my distortion. The Pedal and the amp go hand in hand, if you buy the amp the pedal should be a given to buy with it. If this amp got stolen I would buy another one. I would not recommend hooking a multi effects board to it because it ruins this amp and makes it sound like crap. Seperate Pedals work best and you will see the monster tone that this baby can put out. The lead and it's distortion are crap on this amp but the clean channel makes up for it all! My buddie owns a Line 6 spider. His Line 6 and my Peavey sound the exact same. The Peavey lets off a little more of the Crunch sound which is ever better.

I would rely on this amp through thick and thin. It's amazing I would use it at a gig without a back up any day. It has never brokin down on me ones. This is a good hard built amp. Just take good care of it and it will take good care of you at practice or jamming out on stage.

This amp is awesome. You can jam with it at low volumes in your room, and then take it to practice turn it up and practice with the whole band. It has 2 channels lead and clean. I use the clean I must say the lead is crap on this thing but the clean makes up for it.

highway_star
    Bought this recently. I use a Washburn WI66PRO with SD pick ups. I found that with Lead set to High Gain I had to back off with the post-gain settings on the amp and also look at my guitar (PRO Series has a sort of humbucker/single coil tap thing called VCC you can dial in) to calm things down or feed back came screeching out - Once I got used to that though things were ok. Certainly packs a punch. Flick from Clean to Lead and it really kicks in. Good point about the ext speaker as a h'phone slot even if it is a mono effect.