Transtube Studio Pro 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Transtube Studio Pro 112

Purchased from: eBay

Soundwise, excellent, especially considering the price. Good clean, heavy overdrive (or not, whatever). I can use this for whatever I want to if I just take the time to adjust it. My favorite stuff to play is mostly Muse, then also some Metallica, SOAD, Weezer, Chili Peppers, and various other stuff. This amp can play anything that you want, provided you have the right equiment other than that. No feedback what'soever, even playing from a couple feet away, or any annoying background noise for that matter (a relief from the Fender Frontman I was playing before, which had a loose inout jack that had lots of weird feeback stuff).

Overall a very nice amp, and affordable too. Can be used for just about anything, and although it obviously isn't going to be the best, for the price (or double it for that matter), nothing I've seen can compete with it. If it were stolen, I would definitly get another one, or hunt down the thief, stab them to death with the stolen amp (If being knifed hurts, just imagine being impaled by a large blunt object) and then take it back, bloodstains and all. Despite the fact that I'm rather ill-disposed towards Peavey stuff in general, I love this thing.

Solid state means not much worrying about breaking or maintenance. Sturdy build, I think I could use it without backup.

Well to start it off, it's a solid state amp. Features, nothing special, clean channel, gain, a reverb and then the EQ controls for both channels. Nothin special, but all the other features annoy me anyway, so good there. Apparently there is a footswitch, but mine didn't come with it. It can play fine as a practise amp, but also can go very loud. When cranked up, this thing can compete with Marshall half-stacks, no joke. Also has FX in/out, and high/low gain input.