Transtube Studio Pro 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Transtube Studio Pro 112

Purchased from: Private Party

I use a 2006 MIM 60th anniversary strat, and this amp is perfect for it. Before I got this, I was using a Fender FM212, which I didn't care for, hence the trade. At first, I didn't care much for the distortion on it, because it always sounded muddy. But I found out that when you switch it over to the distortion channel, don't use the gain or thrash buttons. Now I have a nice overdriven tube sound remisniscent of a Jimmy Page/Angus young type tone, which I absolutely adore. I play classic '70s-'80s hard rock, so that setting is perfect for me.

I've been playing 35 years, and this is perfect for my type of music. If this was lost or stolen, I would definately look for another one(american made of course). This blows away the Fender FM 212 that I was using, plus it's not as heavy. I play my guitar straight through on this amp. I'm not big on effects, and with a set up like mine, you don't nned them.

This amp is very sturdy. I would definately use it on a gig without a back up. Peavey has a very reputable reputation for building very solidly made products. I have not had any problems with this amp at all. I acn definately rely on this amp to get me through a show.

My amp was made in 1997, and it is American made. It's not one of these Chinese made models that are out right now. It has 2 channels, and the pre gain channel has 2 settings, for gain, and thrash! At 65 watts, it's more than enough power for me. This amp is loud! It's completely stock, except for the speaker, which was replaced by a Eminence Alpha, which I believe actually improves the sound of this amp.

jeffo46
    To Guitar Sletten; Stay with the Peavey.Don't waste your money on the Marshall MG series.I had the 50 watt MG50DFX,and it wasn't worth the money.They have these fans in the back that make a loud grinding noise.If you want some effects,buy a Digitech RP50.Those are good effects processors for the money.
    marianoarnaiz
    I HAVE ONE OF THIS, SOUNDS AWSOME. IS THE BEST TRANSITORE AMP OUT THERE I TAKE IT EVERYWHERE CAUSE SINCE I HAVE IT I CAN NOT PLAY ON AMPS THAT ARE NOT PEAVY. FUCK MARSHALL MESA ROLAND ETC.....PEAVY ROCKS
    marianoarnaiz