Transtube Studio Pro 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Transtube Studio Pro 112

I am using a 2006 Fender MIM Strat, and a modified 2006 Squier Telecaster Custom through this beauty. The clean channel on this is actually the best that I have ever heard in any amp, but, it doesn't really have much of a punch to it. I have to turn this up to 3, to be heard with my drummer. The distortion channels though, are loud as hell.I use a DigiTech RP50 guitar effects processor with this amp, so my statement about the clean channel would be moot, because my DigiTech increases the volume and that really isn't a issue. I just though I'd play straight through the amp last week at practice and that's what I noticed.

I play classic rock with a little bit of Blues thrown in, and this amp is the perfect match for those genres of music. I chose this amp because when I was playing with the FM2121, that f--ker weighed a ton and it kept on throwing my back out. With this amp, it's only 1 speaker, and weighs around 36 lbs, which makes carrying it a lot easier. If this was stolen or lost, I would immediately get another one to replace it. The rest of my set-up includes, a 2006 MIM Fender Strat, 2006 Squier Telecaster Custom, and a DigiTech RP 50 guitar efffects processor.

I have owned 2 other Peaveys in my life. In 1980 when I was stationed in Meridian, Miss. Yes, the one where Peavey is located, I had bought a Backstage 30 for the price of, I believe, $130.00. I had that amp until 1999, which is when I sold it to a friend of mine, and would you believe, it was still going strong? I also used to have a mid-'80s Bandit, which was a very powerful amp, and which I wish I had never gotten rid of. For the past few years, I've been playing through a Fender FM212R, which I absolutely regret buying, so I did a straight trade for what I have now. Peavey's are built like tanks, and are extremely long lasting. I am a Peavey man, now and forever, as far as my amps go. I have gigged with this recently, and I haven't had any problems what'soever. This lil' f--ker is a keeper, although I might update soon to a Bandit 112 Transtube.

This is my second review for this amp, and I found out from the good folks at Peavey, that it is a 1997 American made model.This amp will do you for just about any type of music out there today. It has 2 channels, clean with 3 band EQ, and a bright switch, and pre-gain with 3 different types of distortion, overdrive, gain, and thrash, along with a post gain and pre gain control. This version doesn't have the T-dynamics control though, which I'm told, has actually improved upon the older models. Also, mine came with a Eminence Alpha Speaker, which the prior owner had installed. He told me that the Blue Marvel that had came with it, wasn't of good quality.

Huffman
    i bought this amp a few months ago and luved it for ever a little heavy when i end up carting it around almost every week but no big was it just died on me today... im soooo scared.. hoping its just a fuse r sumthing .... but mi baby n e advice?? help meee