Transtube Studio Pro 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Transtube Studio Pro 112

Price paid: C$ 340

Purchased from: Limestone Music

The clean is very clean and I use this amp as a practice amp so I can't tell you if it distorts on the clean channel at high volumes because I Live in an apartment and would get evicted trying to answer that question. It has three tone settings on the Lead channel. I call them Fender, Marshall and Mesa-Boogie settings. The clean channel has Fender and Marshall settings. They are not called that but that is what they attempt to emulate.

This amp is good for rock and metal as well as jazz and blues. Just dial in what you want and play. It could be used for small gigs or garage jamming, but I would use an amp with more headroom for gigging. I own an Ibanez Artist 200 with Seymour Duncan Jazz (Neck) and JB Trembucker (Bridge), Ibanez RG421 and a Godin LG-SP90 with Seymour Duncan Custom P-90 pickups.

This is a stay-at-home practice amp and does not get abused. It has served me well and I have Faith in it to continue to do so. It is not really built like a tank. I don't think Peavey intended this as a road amp. A friend has a Peavey 212 (two models up from the Studio Pro) and it has served HIM well. Peavey gets good marks for a decent product at a decent price.

Amp is from 2006. Best sounding solid-state amp for it's size. I tried many amps before landing on this one. One reviewer stated it has a pre-amp tube in it. This person is dreaming. No tubes in this baby. Decent variety of sounds. You have to play around with each of your guitars to get a nice tone, but this amp does provide them. Nice reverb on it too.