Ultra 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Ultra 112

I have a high output distortion humbucker on my guitar (which is the only real good thing about it apart from the bigsby talipiece) which distorts it at high volume only when the pickup volume is on full though. The clean sound is very much like the Red Hot Chili Peppers and very bright on the bridge and on the neck is very bassy when the tone is down and good for playing chords. On distortion the crunch is't really that good for rock and is better for very low gain stuff such as blues. The ultra gain is great for power chords but not enough sustain. I might get a compression sustainer to sort that out. The reverb is very good and sounds like a concert or somtheng. Overall, the sound really siuts my style of music (rock, metal blues).

I think this amp is good for my stlye of music (rock, metal blues). I like the footswitch and the warm tube sound. If, by some amazing thing, sombodey managed to steal this amp without stepping on somtheng and waking me up I probbably wouldn't get hold of another one so I'd have to get somtheng else but if I could then probbably not because of myself really. I like viriety and I'd probbably get a more modern amp, with onboard FX, but definetly somtheng with a good preamp aswell like a Fender, which would probbably have more gain aswell.

Ultra 112 is an all-tube combo amp, featuring true three-channel control for increased tonal flexibility. Designed for any rehearsal, studio or live application, the Ultra 112 is built for easy portability. The Ultra 112 delivers 60 watts of all-tube power into selectable 4, 8 or 16 ohms, so it can handle stand-alone or any extension speaker combination. Additional features include an all-tube amp head; four 12AX7 preamp tubes and two 6L6GC power amp tubes; 60 watts at 4, 8 or 16 ohms (selectable impedance); three footswitchable channels (ultra, crunch and clean); 12" Sheffield speaker; footswitchable reverb; effects loop and master volume. The Clean channel features passive EQ, Crunch and Ultra channels feature active EQ, and a footswitch is included. The Ultra 112 offers exceptional flexibility and rugged all-tube design at an affordable price.