ValveKing 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: ValveKing 112

I play this with an old Washburn G-5V and sometimes through a DigiTech RP80 multieffects pedal mostly for wah. Peavy is know for distortion amps. This is a distrotion amp. The cleans are ok but when played at high volumes get fuzzy. In my humble opinion that's the way it's supposd to be. It's really not that noisy unless you blast it in lead. The distorion is just crazy, bottom line.

I've been playing for a good three years. I mostly play stuff by 'Tallica, Zepplin, GN'R, EVH, stuff like that. This is perfect for where I am musicly. I was orinally going to buy the 212 Valve King (2x12" speakers insead of one) but this was cheaper and has a much tightier sound. The only thing I don't like is that when using the foot pedal to wich channels it takes a second to make the change. Other then that no real down sides. If it were lost or stolen I would be devistated because I'm broke and wouldn't be able to buy another.

This a very sturty well constructed amp and for what I'm using it for and doing to it, it's very reliable and won't come close to braking any time soon. As for the speaker I think it would hold up to many many hours of use and I've had no problem with the tubes or other electronics yet. I would use it in a gig if I ever had an opportunity but haven't had a chance yet.

This amp is my second amp my first being an old Peavey Backstage. I only use this as a pactice amp since I am not in a band and I've not tried recording with it. Style wise I play mostly blue rock, harder rock, and metal. feature wise it's all that you really need, great for what I use it for.