ValveKing 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: ValveKing 112

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

I play an ESP KH202 and a Jackson rr3 through it and it hasn't let me down, it suits my playing style of thrash metal. People had told me about the "warm tone" that valve amps have and this amp painted the picture for me on that. And the sounds that come out of it are awesome.

I play most sorts of metal, mainly thrash and it is a match made in heaven for me, I have been playing for around 3 years and it is ace. It may say it is 50 watts but it sounds louder in my opinion. If it were stolen I would in fact buy it again. Everything on the valveking I love about it and I would not change it at all, I have found my true tone through the Valveking.

I can really depend on the valveking and I would use it in gigs without backup. The amp has not broken down on me yet and I treat it right and put new valves in regulary. And the Valveking is a really reliable tube amp for a good price. And in fact I have gigged with it and it has not let me down although it is really heavy.

This tube amp is versatile and perfect for my style of playing, my style of playing being thrash metal death metal, metalcore etc and it is filled with channels and the exclusive the Peavey texture settings at the back. I play in a band and we gig regulary and it is so loud I put the volume at 6 and it's still loud as hell!

Mosh023
    I own this amp. It is a great amp with excellent amp-distortion. One thing though to mention, is be careful when using the standby switch to get the longest life out of the tubes. But yes, you can't go wrong with this amplifier.
    SkyValley
    Yeah, but the spider 3 is also a modeling amp. Modeling amps are very hard to get your own signiture sounds out of, and they often get that "fake guitar" sound. Peavey Valveking is better and I'm buying one like today possibly.
    eddiehimself
    blind_melon1995 wrote: TO QUOTE KING MISSILE'S THE PRESIDENT "YOURE A CONDOM YOURE A FUCKING CONDOM"
    WOT R U ON U FREAK!???
    DDoug
    How does this amp compare to a Randall RG50TC in distortion? I assume the cleans are better but that's for another time.
    enooox
    fila_93 wrote: Got some couple of questions for this amp. I know it's loud enough to play in a band and to do small gigs with, but can it really handle that heavy metal sound? I'm referring to Iron Maiden/Metallica. The only pedal I got is a ZoomG2 multiFX. I get a little bir more distortion with that one. And I haven't money to buy both this amp AND a OD pedal... Help please
    Gilgamesh09
    tenaciousjp wrote: i play shred and fusion, i love my pinch harmonics is this a good amp for those specificaions?
    Yes it is. I don't own one, I plan to in the future but two of my friends do. I've played around on it and the amp can do pretty much w/e you want it to.
    fila_93
    fleh
    its like the best first tube amp if its at ur price range. YOU WILL NOT FIND A BETTER AMP FOR THE MONEY unless you go used but u dont get a warranty etc and will probly end up paying for repairs etc.
    cedaguol
    i play mostly metal and metalcore... if i buy this amp... would a maxon od808 satisfy my distortion needs considering the music i play??? help plz!
    fleh
    TerryWhite wrote: Just a quick question for anyone that does own this amp. I own a line5 SpiderIII 120 combo, and I am thinking of getting the valveking as my first tube amp(well first one in 15 years) If you have ever heard the SpiderIII how would you compare the valveking to the SpiderIII as far as distortion. The SpiderIII actually has presets that you can pull up such as for the song Crazy Train and it sounds pretty damn good, if you had to compare the distorton only how would the valveking fair out. Thanks for any feedback. Terry
    i got a spider aswell n im sellin it for a VK the distortion sounds like crap you can still hear the clean sound underneath a messy sort of rumble that doesnt seem to care what your playing
    sandfighter
    It's just perfectly fitted with everything that common guitarist need to play -> Class A/A-B Amp sound, Texture Control, Reverb, and it's just great for heavy music
    demondown666
    when i was shopping for amps i tried out this one and the pinch harmonics sound great. but you should go to your local guitar store and try it yourself. im getting mine in a few weeks. cant wait.
    tenaciousjp
    sandfighter
    Welll, I'm still wondering which amp to choose... It's a little bit tricky, 'cause I've got a Schecter 006 Deluxe and I like to push harder for squeels and metalcore riffing. From the other hand I'd like to add some subtle fills with the clean channel... I know that I can't get everything in one. But this is class A-A/B sound, right? Any advice, dudes?
    GitterMan
    You will like the peavey better if you want to rock harder. The fenders clean and reverb are better, so if you are country player. I have them both, I like the peavey better for everything including blues. I use it as part of a 2 amp rig the other being a mesa .22 studio+ though a floor pod and 4x12. I use the pod to tie the peavey and mesa together and the effects. To the spider guy I wouldn't say the distortion is more or less just fatter warmer better sounding to the ear. But if I had to have a solid state amp it would be the line 6.
    AllOpenStrings
    Well, you made a good choice freedomeclipse. however, you can never beat fender's clean register with their tube amps. you just can't. BUT, peavey was an excellent choice with their burning distortion and decent cleans... you just have to spend a few minutes playing around with the knobs for a good clean.
    FreedomEclipse
    Oderd one of these beauties yesterday. got sick of chasing a friend of a friend for his Fender Hotrod Deluxe - I would have liked the Fender but After a week of chasing him & getting thru to his voice mail all the time & getting thru to him twice without any pickup or return call I cant be arsed to chase him. Im not his god damn secatery, Im sure I'l be more then happy with this amp any if I want a fender tone then all Id will have to do is change the speaker drivers to Eminance (or however u spell it) shame on him. I shall take me fat wad of cash else where to spend it.
    FreedomEclipse
    How good is this compared to a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe??? the fender being the more expensive amp obviously but they both have very similar spec & use the same valves. theres really not too much differance between them asside from cosmetics & speaker drivers.
    TerryWhite
    TMAW
    this is the best low endish amp you can get, i i upgraded from this it would be to a JCM800 or an Orange Thunderverb, its all the small amp you will ever need
    the_lil_rocker
    getting one on satday! o and CrimsonRoc iv got a Ibanez TS808 and ur right i palyed it at the shop and brang it along and it blew peoples mind!!! PEAVEY ROCKZ!!!
    DDoug
    Yes it can handle the heavy sound really good. But don't use it with a cheap guitar.[/quote]In your words, is a PRS SE Custom a cheap guitar?