ValveKing 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: ValveKing 112

I have 2 guitars that I use in this amp, a Custom Gibson Les Paul from 1980 I think and it has APC pickups, don't like the clean sound aint the best on this guitar but it rocks for classic rock like AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin. The other guitar is a Fender Stratocaster Eric Clapton signature from 1989 with active Fender-Lace sensor pickups. On this guitar I worship the clean sound it makes and the distortion fits anything except for maybe deathmetal but I don't play that anyway so I don't care. This amp suits me perfect. I don't think it's noisy at all. I don't make much variety of sounds with this amp cause I have found my favorite settings already. But it's great for any musicstyle out there. The sound I like the best is probably the blues sound. The clean sound has never been distorted until now for some weeks because the tubes are bad and one broke. It was one and a half year ago I changed the tubes. The distortion fits me good, no deathmetal distortion as I said before.

It fits The Music I play. I have been playing for soon 2 years and I can play most styles of music. I own a Custom Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Stratocaster Eric Clapton signature. If it were lost or stolen I don't know what I would have done. I love everything about it. I've been in my local musicstore and I've jammed with a few different guitars and amps but I have never got this warm and chunky sound that I desire for my playing. Buy this one an awesome amp!

I can depend on this really good and yes I would use it on a gig without a backup amp. My amp broke down 2 days ago due to bad tubes. But I see no problem depending on this one.

I have no idea when this amp was made. I love this amp because you are able to play so many different styles of music on it. I play blues, classic rock, punkrock, thrashmetal, metal and other music styles near those. There are 2 channels Clean and Lead. I love em both! The clean has this really warm chunky sound. And the Lead is awesome for a 112 amp with the guitar right plugged in. For channel swithing I use a footswitch I had at home. It has an effect loop that I never use. It does not have any headphone jacks. I don't wish it had any more features than those it already has. One feature that is great is the ability to Switch the amp from a Class A/B 50 watts to a Class A 30 watts or something like that. The class A/B is great for clean channel and classic rock. The class A is great for heavier stuff and the clean channel is great there too. The reverb on this amp is fantastic and when I turn it up a bit and flick up the Switch on my guitar to rhythm the sound is like magic to my ears.