ValveKing 112 review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Peavey: ValveKing 112

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

You can get a pink floyd-ish sound if dialed in right to a brutal kill everything metal sound. I never have had a problem with it yet. Have had it for 3 years and haven't changed out any tubes yet. I have had some problems being on stage and getting too much feedback after the gain is on 6 on the lead, I've had a few problems with that, but if your far away enough, it shouldn't be a problem, just get a longer cable. Other than that is sounds great!

This is a good match for me. I've been playing for a little over 6 years off and on, I do know I have seen alot better heads, but for the price this is well worth the money. If it was stolen, I would save and probably invest in a 6505 or Butcher. I do love how it is very versatile in tonal range though.

Like I said, I have never had a problem yet. Plan on changing the tubes out in the future though to my style. Never broken down once... Yet. I never had any regular/yearly service done on it yet, for maintenance. I figure, if it's not broke, don't fix it. Probably bite me in the ass one way or another, but I depend on it and feel it is really durable.

Bought this little beast back in 2008. I'm in a band that plays all styles via; country, blues, classic rock to metal with covers and originals. This thing holds up true. It is a 2 channel; one lead, and one clean. Depending on the guitar that you use, you can get a versatile sound out of it. I use a Schecter 2010-2011 Tempest Custom with tap coil, can't stress this enough, it depends on what effects you use and what guitar you use for the sound you want out of it. I only use a DigiTech chorus factory and a Vox wah on both settings, when needed. I bought it as a half stack and M.F. Screwed up twice on the shipment, it was a steal when the head came in and then a 6505 cab, didn't complain on the mess up for the cab. I feel that there could be more settings to it for my liking. Be sure to order a footswitch for it. The one I ordered is cheap as hell, but is a necessity if you are going to gig (I modified mine and made a metal casing for it, instead of the cheap ass plastic the footswitch comes with).

rv_phoenix
    jacques3771 wrote: Hey ive got a PRS Tremonti SE with stock pick-ups will it sound good through this amp??? thanks.
    Yes, it would sound great played at hi-gain, and it would sound bland and dull played on clean channel.