ValveKing 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: ValveKing 112

I use a 92 G&L SC-3 strat with single coil pickups. This amp can produce a good clean bottom end punch for country picking when using a Boss compressor. For blues I get an exceptional dirty sound, good sustain with a lot of tone. For all out shred this amp will produce rich saturation, smooth harmonics and has loads of volume. I was thinking of purchasing a modeling amp but after using several of these from various manufacturers I realized that they are too complex and fragile for me in a live fast moving gig. A VERY IMPORTANT THING about amps in all these varying live gigs is that I need an amp that has tubes, easy to find the sweet spots, easy to operate, lightweight, versatile, and must produce over the top sound.

I Would say the Valve King will sound good with any good guitar. I play blues based rock, blues, jazz, country, rock, swamp rock, and gospel since the late 60s. My other amp is a 20 year old 50 watt tube Marshall. I love my Marshall but I must say here that the valve king equals or out performs the Marshall in every aspect and at a much lower price. I would buy another if I ever needed another. And I love the ease of operation, big sound and versatility of this amp. Before buying it I actually took other amps to gigs and used them in live situations such as Crate 3 channel, Fender modeling, Roland modeling, etc... As well as my old Marshall. I did not get the channel switch pedal with it but the Marshall pedal works with it. All in all this is a no frills amp, very uncomplicated with a sound that will have you hooked instantly if you try it.

I just bought this amp so I haven't had a chance to see how durable it will be. However, I have owned Peavey amps over the years and have found them to be vary reliable and usually there is a Peavey dealer in small towns where you can get things worked on if need be.

This amp is a 2012 model. I do studio recording, church, clubs and outdoor events, playing rock, country, gospel and blues. This is a 2 channel amp with a lead boost with channel switching and effects loop. The valve king is a 50 watt all tube amp. It is versatile enough to go from country to shred, more than enough power, and easy to tweek the sweet spots.

COREYTAYLOR721
    It is okay.....clean channel is great. The boost is rubbish and I believe it needs some mods. I simply bought it as a workhorse amp to haul around places. 7.5
    hjalmar000
    What speaker is good if i were to swap it out for a "better" one .also does the dummy cable in the effects loop really "work" ? This amp would be my "next " amp first tube amp from using a solid state vypyr for 2 years.. it seems to be ****ing awesome !! and second hand about 290
    toneryder
    I've had one for 2 years stock everything, I love it. You don't need to change anything, unless your a tone snob, in which case u'll not be happy with anything anyway. it's just fine like it is.