ValveKing 212 review by Peavey

Peavey: ValveKing 212

Purchased from: Ardens Music

Well, I use a Epiphone Les Paul 100 series with Zakk Wylde Emg pickups. This amp makes this guitar sound beautiful. In my 6 years of playing I can say that I personally haven't found any better sound for myself. Although my sound is not the same as everyone else's I can say that you can probly find a sound you like. This amp is VERY loud by the way. For practice I can barely use it. If you go past 1 or 2 on this amp for practice it is very loud, for concerts I tend to leave it around 5 or 6 (depending on stage and hall) and that's without a cabinet.

Well, although it's only my 6th year playing, and I'm still young, I think this amp is great. If someone stole this amp or broke it. Well, I would go nuts, and if I didn't get it back I would for sure buy another one. I've played Crate amps, Marshall, Krank, Orange, mesa, Fender, Vox, and Traynor amps, and so far this one is my favourite. There may yet be another amp out there for me, but this so far takes the cake. I work in a music store, so this is definately no bullshit for all you people Who might try to critisize this. I also realize I have some of the worst spelling on the planet, but that's not what this article is about. I suggest to anyone Who is looking for a giging amp to check this out, if you don't like it, then don't buy it and find what suits your sound. For all you Who read this and play guitar. Rock on, or whatever the saying is for whatever genre you play, happy playing people!

This amp is great. It is built like a tank. I've lugged it to shows for a while now, and other than the scratches from other gear, it works great. The only complaint I have is that the wire from the speakers to the amp runs right through the tubes, and on mine it melted the wire after a while, but this can be fixed easily, and if you know how to sodder, then just make your own speaker chord. But as I was saying. This amp can withstand alot. I Live in Canada and the winter is pretty cold. I've taken this from sitting in a cold van to using it at shows and it only gave me an ugly sound for about 2 mins, then it got back on track. This is more because the tubes were cold though. So far in the year I've had it, I haven't blown a single tube *knock on wood* and the amp is great.

Well, I've had this amp for about a year now, and I love it. It can be used for probably any genre of music. I personally use it for Hardcore, Death Metal, and screamo stuff, but I have used it messing around playing some old ac/dc. This amp has some great reverb if you're into using it. I personally don't but it does have it. The clean channel tends to go a little distorted if you play a little hard or you have it up loud, but it is a tube amp so playing hard does do that. I love the clean sound, even with that little bit of grunge to it. The distortion channel is also great, you can get many great tones out of it, and it's not hard to find one you'll like. If you're really into Death Metal, this may not be the amp for you though. It doesn't quite get to that typical super heavy sound that bands like "The Black Daliah Murder", or "Elysia" but it can get some nice sounds out of it. This amp does have the effects loop, but I can't tell you how well that works as I don't use any effects at the moment. If I do in the future I will repost to let people know. This again is a great tube amp, but be careful not to break the tubes.

Capt. Maxzmus
    I played this amp at Guitar Center just for the heck of it with a Schecter Damien it sounds absolutely amazing.
    Pandrew947
    i own this amp and the thing ive noticed that when i switch from clean to distortion and vise versa using the foot swicth that you get seperately, the sound cuts out for a second or so and then kicks in, i dont know if anyone else has gotten this problem
    Castlebravo
    This is probably a really stupid question, but what's the difference between the 212 and 112 models?
    l3xbi
    I got this amp, its great. The sound is so good(compared to my old one its such an amazing upgrade), cheapest valve amp I could find, but still amazing.