ValveKing 412 Cabinet review by Peavey

Peavey: ValveKing 412 Cabinet

I am using a Gibson Lespaul Studi with some stock Gibson pickups on it. My guitar and this amp put together greatly suit's all my styles of music (Raggae, classic Rock, Metal, Jazz). It works best in a large room because it gives it a way more full tone than it would in a small room. It still sounds ok in a small room though.

Again this Cabinet is highly recomended for people who want a quality amp that isn't in the super high price range. Don't forget it has been compared to those in the high price range. There is nothing I have ever regreted about buying it. There is one down side to buing Peavey product though. If you insure it, it will only cover for use in the home. So if you are using on a gig or somewhere away from home they will not pay to replace it.

If this were stolen from I would still probably get this amp because after trying all the ones I did at guitar center this was the best for the price by far. Nothing more I need to say, it's great!

The Valve King 412 cab is very reliable. It is also very tough. You might want to take a backup on a gig. You always wanna be conservative and safe. It has never had any problems for me. Although one time it started making some crazy clicking noise that I still have no clue what it was. But other than that is has not really caused any problems. I'm pretty sure you wont be able to blow out the speakers unless you are really pushing the volume to the max.

Hello, thanks for opening this review. I hope this will give you the information you need about this cabinet. I really think this is a great amp for it's price and one of the best in that around $400 range. It's great if you don't feel like spending $900 dollars on just a cab. Personally I don't think those are anywhere near worth $500 dollars more than this. This has been compared to some amazing cabinets. By the way I am running a Peavey JSX 120 watt amp head through this.

Ill start of with the versatility. I am currently playing styles of music from raggae to death metal and it works great on each style of music. This amp has been compared to a Mesa cab which are mainly meant for hard rock metal type music, and it has also been compared to a Fender almost jazzy type tone. So it is very versatile.

The speakers are rear mounted which is good. You can lie it on it's back without the speakers getting ruined according to the guys down at guitar center. The grill cover thing looks very classic which I really like about it. The top half is slanted.

I use this cab in a christian rock band, as well as a metal band with a few of my friends. This thing is very powerfull. It has 400 Watts of continuous power handling. Very loud!

Opethanized
    demitriv wrote: You are ina CHristian band and a metal band? lol Good review
    DirtyMitch
    For those that question the ability of Peavey for Metal, Uncle Ted swears by them...Just saying....While I am fully aware he does not play hard metal, he rocks plenty hard enough...These cabinets are awesome.
    metal_666_man
    i was just playing through one of these and the valve king head and it really is as versatile as he says
    zakkthegreat
    i almost got the VK stack but i got an orange tiny terror and vox 212BN cab instead. the VK was a great amp, dont get me wrong, but i'm more of an orange fan myself.
    Divinephyton
    Opethanized wrote: demitriv wrote: You are ina CHristian band and a metal band? lol Good review You don't have to be a satanist poser to like metal. Music should be about music. Anyway great review.
    Music can be about anything: issues of life, fascination with the occult or breaking the rules, the idiocy of following a metaphysical (read: redundant) call to a form of 'supreme' ethics by a 1900year old book in order to control masses op people. Fuck off. Good amp though, a friend once lent it to me for a rehearsal. It really is versatile and does not relent in sound. Although some people really prefer more established known-high gain brands to play Metal or Rock, this is idd a bit unjust because it certainly did the job for me and other local bands and a lot of artists I can think of.
    BraddyVengeance
    I have a Valveking Halfstack with this cab, I love it. OH and that clicking noise was probably your cellphone. Cellphones cause interference and it'll cause any speaker to make a clicking noise
    JSX
    Oh haha thanks I would have never guessed.
    Megadeth77
    demitriv wrote: You are ina CHristian band and a metal band? lol Good review
    Music is Music, the lyrics make it good or bad.
    Danjo's Guitar
    Who ever heard of gigging with backup cabs? If you have another cabinet thats called a full stack, not a back-up. The only way your going to blow your speakers is if your heads power is too close to what your cabs can handle. (Cab power rating should be at least twice what your head is capable of putting out.) The only thing you'd ever really need a backup for would be a tube head, and then you can just bring some spare tubes. Sorry for my rant, haha, good review. Planning on getting one these with the VK head this summer.
    Kill0Switch
    The clicking noise could als be a TV remote. I'm thinking of getting the half stack once i get enough money.
    bluejaydude
    dont trust the dudes at guitar center...it may be ok to lie it on its back, but dont listen to GC employees for advice.....some give really dumb advice. not all, but some...