ValveKing Head review by Peavey

Peavey: ValveKing Head

I have played a few different guitars through it, including a Gibson Les Paul Classic, and a Gibson SG Special. I play in a Velvet Revolver-ish sounding band, with some heavy stuff and some lighter stuff. The clean channel is better than the 5150's, but I don't really like the distorted as much. Although, it is hard to find anything that sounds better than the 5150's distortion channel. It has very weak tubes in it, so you may want to replace them. It does get better sounding as you play it.

It suits my style of music for the most part, I just don't like the distortion channel as much. I have many other guitars and amps and this is definately a good sounding amp. I just wish it didn't have a delay on the volume boost, it is very annoying. I played this for awhile, and then I plugged back into the 5150, and realised how much I miss it. I think it is a very nice amp just doesn't beat the 5150.

it is pretty reliable, nothing has broken on it so far.

This is a nice head for the most part. It has a cool feature called "Texture." It's fun to mess with, and you can get a lot of different tones out of it. The amp has a good amount of gain, but nothing like the 5150. It has separate EQ's for both channels. It also comes with a footswitchable volume boost on the lead channel. It's nice to have, but it has a delay going into it. That is probably the only thing I don't really like about it.