ValveKing Head review by Peavey

Peavey: ValveKing Head

I used a Fender strat highly modified, with scalloped neck my own specific depth, HS-3 pickup with specific height, sperzel locking tuner, and special ordered Fender bullet strings 2 set in one. I used this guitar for jazzy vibe to latin and rock and metal. I play many variaty of style of music. This Valvekings does what I want to do any sound and tone I want. I don't used much of effect. just tuner, noise gate for the wah and a delay for a violin effect. This amps is not noisy at all, just don't stand to close to it with your guitar and you will get a high feedback noise. plus hearing lost! I set my amps Eq to give me a woody sound, don't like to hide my note. Good for lead and rhythm, and the reverb baraly pass 1. I used 2 different type of picks for different songs attacks.Picks can also change your tone. The distortion on this amps is not the brutal death metal, but scoop the mid down and Viola. you got it. Close unless you want to add more distortion that note can be just scratch in the head, then get a death metal pedal or so. The cleans of my! This is the clean of clean I set the volume like 8 or 10 and control it from my guitar knobs and what a delight! It always stay clean. For the distortion I set my on full give me the metal tone I want. good enough, for me, I got control of this thing. hate when the amps control you.

I play anywhere from latin to jazzy vibe to metal. I have been playing for 18 years. Is this were stolen, I will find that suckers Who stole my amps and plug my guitar cable wire where the sun don't Shine and make him/her hits those high guitar notes.

I can sleep at night. I know it will never let me down. I will you this with no back up. but always be ready for anything. Never been broken even I thought I got the extended warranty. I'm should be fine for a while. I love This thing period. this is very strong build. Take care of it though. and I'm sure it will last me forever.

Well, this Valveking head have two channel. More like 3 with the clean. low distortion and high distorton. This is very versatile amp. I play anywhere from jazz to full metal. It does what I want it to do. come with buffered effect loop, master reverb. Texture knobs on the back that can give you the choice of playing class A or class A/B or in anywhere in between class tubes power. I'm in heaven! And presence and resonance knobs on the front, my new best friends! EQ on each channel, 1 master volume for both channel. This is 100 watts full tubes power loud amp. Be warned. I love this thing. I used to play a Crate 50 watts tube head A class. So I got rid and got me a Peavey and matching cab. must have it! I used this amps for practice and at home(don't turn your volume up! Little animals may die around your house) to make new songs. At practice I set the volume on 3 1/2 or 4. More the than the drummer will get blood on his hand from trying to out loud me. It took me almost 2 month to get this. Dues to doing reserach of the amp. like what kind of tubes, the cab specification and so on. I played this things like 4 time before I bought. There is a thing that when you play a amps the next day for some reasons sound different, have any of you have this experience? Then mess with your setting again tring to make it sound like the last time. I'm plannin of getting 2 more in the future to set them up different tones on each. for anyone that have question of picks tone, ideas on how to set amp differently. guitar string secrets and pickup type let me know. I will respond A.S.A.P. If I have the answers to it.

The Muffin
    juggernaut39
    I also picked up a vk a few days ago but it was not done with out a little research and alot of demo'ing. Having been just a casual picker for about 32 years I did not believe I have the ear, patients, or ability to truely gage what I was looking for. So like all armchair experts I got a true expert to demo and I issued instructions. I was amazed by what I heard. We demo'ed a Genz Benz, an Orange, Peavey Windsor all through a GEnz cab. What can I say but that I preferred the Vk over the Windsor and the Benz. Did not really get to let the Orange unload but the cleans were certainly sweet. The most important thing that I can mention is that if you are demo'ing the Vk demo more than one. We had two to work from and they were not the same. Particulairily with the clean channels. One was far better, fuller, clearer than the other in my opinion. I was told that this was not unusual in that often most tube amplifiers have their individual personalities. And a thanks to everyone that participates in these forums. These were invaluable in helping me make my decision.
    Rup3rto
    The Muffin wrote: Can anyone recommend a decent but cheap cab to suit this as people have said don't use the valveking cab. Would a Marshall AVT cab go ok with it...i cant really afford anything better to be honest thanks
    YEAH IT WILL!! i got one and its fine, just make sure to match the Ohms, anyone know exsactly what Messa 12AX7 tubs to look at? cheers!