ValveKing Head review by Peavey

Peavey: ValveKing Head

Purchased from: Guitar Center online

I'm using a BC Rich Warlock with '85 EMG's, all kinds of foot pedals, and a BBE Sonic Stomp in the effects loop. Sweet tone, fat low end, snarling distortion bite(even with the factory tubes). I leave the settings on Class A power and have both dampening and presences sent at 7 o'clock for a tight, punchy sound. I like how you have so much control over the sound you get with A or B power class, 3 EQ knobs, presence and dampening, distortion and lead boosts plus an effects loop to insert post pre-amp / pre power amp. My band covers a lot of different types of songs from Black Sabbath and ZZ Top to Tenacious D and Doors Down and this amp delivers on all the sounds.

This amp kick ass! For either rock, metal, blues, or any style. It has the power to keep up with anyone. If it was stolen, I'd punch people until I got 2 of them. The only thing I would add to it is maybe some drink holders and a bottle opener on the side.

Never had any problem with it. Just have to be careful of moving the amp head around 'cause of the glass tubes. I've played a few gigs with it and even outside by the pool and never had any problem with it. Some amps sounds fluctuates when you use them outside. I'd use it without a backup but I don't recommend ever having just 1 amp head. Something's bound to happen sometime.

I'm glad I did my research. This amp is one of the best sounding amps I've played thru Marshall, Crate, Line 6 etc. I play mostly hard rock / metal and this amp's tube distortion has enough bite and then some. During practice, I never turn it up past 4 or it's too loud to hear anyone else. The amp has 2 channels, a distortion boost and a lead boost(though not loud enough for me). 3 band EQ for each channel, a master reverb knob and effects loop. I still have the original tubes shipped with the amp head so I can't say how it'll sound once I change out the tubes and put in some "matched" Groove Tubes, Svetlanas, or Electro-Harmonix high end tubes

otinanai
    please help!!!i am between peavey valveking and windsor.i have a boss gt8 for effects.windsor is 150 euros cheaper than the valve...which should?i get i could have clean tones from the gt8?thanks!!
    otinanai