ValveKing Head review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 1 Junky
Peavey: ValveKing Head

Purchased from: GC

VERY VERY NOISY!!! Squeals and hums at higher volumes. Low volums sound just fine. It's got a good crunch at low volumes. The clean channel is fine untill you add volume. It becomes ver bassy. The destortion is very satisfactory you just can't turn it up loud or add gain.

I like rock, 33 years playing experience, and I am very dissapointed with this amp. I wish I could say different. I would never buy another one of these. I would like to say there is something good I like about, I can't accept it does elevate my indoor palm try nicely.

Tried it in a gig and I doubt we will be invited back. Couldn't play one song with the squeal present. Got lots of concerned looks from my band members. never had any thing actually break on it. I never dropped it or anything. I think the durability is OK.

I could not afford the nice Marshall I wanted so I settled for the inexpensive valveking 1/2 stack. Thought it sounded great in the store. Got home and noticed a lot of noise; hummimg, and a bad squeal at higher volumes and gain. What good is all the volume and gain when you can't use it. I paid little in cash for this amp but I paid big time in embarrasment from noise, hum and squeal, and all at expense to the band. I may as well just have a crying baby on stage with us with a Mic in his hand. I can no longer gig with this amp and I'm out $800. I tried to get warranty repair work done on it and when they opened it found nuts and bolts not tightened, nuts without washers, and paint on some of the silicone boards, but they could not find the soarse of the squeal. I had the option to have it modified with different amplifires, tubes, channels, etc... but by the time I'm done It will cost me a Marshall so I pushed it in the corner and put a flower pot on it in the studio. Be carefull! You DO get what you pay for.