VTM 60 review by Peavey

Peavey: VTM 60

Purchased from: R.I.T. music

I use two les pauls and one has a Seymour Duncan SH-6 distortion for the bridge and a DiMarzio "the breed" in the neck and the other has 496R and 500T ceramic magnet pickups. my les paul with the r&t pickups sounds just incredible.has just about any tone you want out of it.

I've used a valve king a Peavey windsor and a JCM2000 TSL that my uncle owns and this thing beats all of them exept the Marshall is a tie. I just wish it had two channels but if you are fast enough you can just use your volume knob. I play a lot of randy rhoads stuff by the way as well as angus young and Metallica.

The reliability & durability are awesome it's made in the U.S. I would trust it with my life. It has never been broken it has the original tubes and sounds prestine. I plan on buying some new ones but haven't decided wich ones will do this amp any justice.

the amp was made in 1982 and it's aged like wine. peaple don't usually go for Peavey amps but if you get some of the old ones like this gem you will know the mistake people are making. it's an all tube 60 watt amp that has a matching 4-12" cab. I use the amp in my tiny room and it's more than enough for a stadium. I put it up to two and it shook my whole house. I love the dip switches they instantly change the tone every time you Switch even one of them. basic eq and it's a single channel but I turned my guitar down to two or so and it was crystal clear when strummed normally then if you whale on it a little it gives some Vintage gain sound. that's even with the pre amp all the way up.

Ralphnaderchop
    Peavey VTM 60 with a Boss MT-2, on a Mesa closed back 2x12 cab; gives a 5150 combo a run for it's money. The VTM has one more pre amp tube, but less overall gain vs the older Butcher. Good punk amp, but any rocking will require assistance. If you find one of these amps, snag it.