Vypyr 15 review by Peavey

Peavey: Vypyr 15

Price paid: C$ 160

Purchased from: Guitar Academy

This amp suits my rock style, I usally play stuff like ACDC and Nickelback. I'm am using my Washburn OX with it and it makes my crappy guitar sound great. It can get a little noisy on some certain effects, and you could probably get better sounding effects if you got them seperate rather than built in. Effects like tremolo arn't quite strong enough if your not playing really quiet. But none the less, you still get what you pay for.Some of my favorite effects include tremolo, reverse, and octaver. The clean channel is very limited to the sound and I was a little disappointed. I also couldn't figure out why I kept getting distorting on the clean channel and I found out that you need to change the effects and the gains to a certain setting and it's annoying.

As I said before; fits my music style great. I have been playing about a year and a half and this amp came at a perfect time for me cause I really needed to upgrade from my starter amp. If it was lost or stolen I would definatly replace it. I wish I would have asked them to show me how to work it. My advice: Get them to show you how to work all the settings, it can be quite the pain in the a$$ if you don't know what you're doing. My favorite part of the amp is the effects, no contest.

I would probably use this for a gig. I would fear because mine is only 15 watts it might not be powerful enough, but a larger version would work great for a gig. This amp works fine, never had a problem with it, I would use it without a back-up. I wouldn't use the effects on it though because I would fear they wouldn't all sound the greatest, but otherwise, I would.

Made in 2008, this amp is great for anyone Who likes to mess around with great distortion and 11 different effects. It has 4 channels and a headphone jack. I generally play heavier stuff but I like to Switch it up every once in a while. You will like this amp if you want a wide range of distortion. The amp can get a little confusing at first with all the controls and effects, but once you get the hang of it you will be pleased. I just use this amp to practice, and it's a fun little sound system.