Vypyr 15 review by Peavey

Peavey: Vypyr 15

Purchased from: Mundt Music

I have played a Gibson SG to my little cheap peice of crap. Everything I have hooked to it has sounded great. I play several styles of musiic and it covers it all. Great sound from that little speaker. True Peavey sound. The only problem as far as sound goes is when you have a cellphone on top it does ring through the speaker by interfearance. That could be a good thing.. Lol

I would recommend this to anyone Who needs it all but don't want to buy it all this amp Litteraly has everything built in. I checked it side by side to the ZRoland Cube and the cube was a little louder but this has alot better effect and they are analog so it is a real sound. I have been playing for 18 years and this little guy is way past due. I have plans on buying the big brother for gigs and show. Check it out you won't be let down.

It is built like any other practice amp. I would not gig or take to a band practice but to sit at home for those inbetween practices. It works just fine.It gets a 5 ( it is a practice amp, not very sturdy.) When I first got it it did rattle when I turned it past 6 but all that was was a few loose screws holing the logo.. Few tuens of a screw driver and wa-la perfect.

This amp is a very new model. I was skeptical at first, but when I got it home, WOW! This little amp does everything you can imagine. From soft country to the heaviest metal. It has more settings and channels than I can remember. The only thing I would recommend is to get the 30watt or bigger so you can get the pedal board made for it and run loops and change channels without stopping. A few models have the tubes but all in all this little 15 watt amp is a awesome at home practice amp. Great for simple recording to practice licks with. Highly recommend...