Vypyr 15 review by Peavey

Peavey: Vypyr 15

Purchased from: guitar center

I petty much just use my Telle with a humbucker (sorry don't know the name)in the bridge and a stardard single coil in the neck. I can get some decent tones from it. There is alot of feed back though when using gain. The gain is alright but could be better. But pedals and effects can help. It can't coompare to tube or stack but for a 15 wat combo whos complaining?

All in all you get what you pay for. For metal and rock, hell anything really, you'd be fine. For a combo I think its one of the best in the price rage. I own other amps, (tubes), and I play them more than this. But it's it perfect for just hagning out and playing. I probably wouldn't replace it if were lost. Its defently better that the Line 6 though. I love the size of it and the punch, but the tone is that great. So you get what you pay for, if your starting out or want somthing cheap and small I'd go with this.

I don't think I gig whith this. I'd just grab the bugera. But I'd use for garage play though. hasn't broken down, but then again I don't really abuse it too much. I've bad times with peaveys befor, so I don't know how long it will last. I did have one bad time with were for what ever reason it wouldn't turn on, had to flip Switch to get to come on, don't know if it was just me or not.

Ok heres whats up. I purchesed this at guitar center for 100 us dollars. I'm not for sure when it was made but probably fairly recently as I bought it new. I play heavy metal and hard rock, and this amp is pretty goog for that, all though it is pretty versitial. It has 24 amp challens I belive, 12 but each has a clean and gain setting so I can venture in to cleaner tone is I wish. It has a ton of effects, which is fun to mess with.Regular headphone jack. I generally use this when go some where with my guitar or just in my room, and for 15 watts, its pretty loud. whish there was better gain...