Vypyr 15 review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Peavey: Vypyr 15

I play it with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard with alnico classics and it sounds very good for a 100 dollar amp. It is noisy when you have high level distortion on, and especially if you put on the tubescreamer. The distortions pretty good, not good enough for death metal, but thats okay because I only play anything from acdc to twisted sister.

Like I said earlier I play anything from acdc to twisted sister. If I lost it I would buy something else (hoping to get a jet city JCA20H Half Stack soon!) I compared it to the Line 6 spider 4 of the same wattage, and compared to that thing, this thing rules. I wish it had more power than 15 watts, and that it was tube instead of solid state. Although if you just need a practice amp and an ipod player, this thing is perfect!

It is pretty dependable, although sometimes when you turn it on the settings are completely wrong (you can save up to four with the amp. And its not the toughest thing in the world, although if it droped I'm pretty sure it'd be fine. I wouldn't bring it to a gig without a backup.

Made sometime in the last few years. It is extremely verstile but you know its a modeling amp thats what they are for. 2 Channel. I use it at my house, and it has enough power for that but for no more than practicing. It has 11 editable rack effects. Post gain, pre gain low mid high knobs. Headphone jack. Aux output (good stereo it is).