Vypyr 15 review by Peavey

Peavey: Vypyr 15

Price paid: € 127

Purchased from: Stanford Music

I'm using a Squier Bullet Start and quite frankly, even this low end guitar sounds great. I mostly play metal, rock, sometimes jazz and blues. The clean sound nice and don't even let me get started on the distortion! I can get any sort of sound imaginable out of this (well, almost). Tried a more expensive Ibanez with it and my god did it sound wonderful.

This is a perfect amplifier for any sort of music style, perfect for a beginner and even for an advanced player. If it were to be stolen, I would maybe buy the 30 watt so I could use the foot pedal, but other than that, I would buy an amp out of the series again. I compared this to a Line6 Spider IV and the Spider sounded crap compared to this. Money well spent!

I'd wouldn't actually want to gig with it for one simple error: after it's been turned off, it cannot be turned on for another 15 minutes. I have not idea what the problem might be. Otherwise there seem to be no problems with it, had accidentally knocked it into a wall and it stayed scratchless.

A solid state modelling amp with 12 amp settings, each can be clean and overdriven. Amp also features 11 rack effects, delay and reverb, an on-board tuner, tap temp and master volume. Also an auxiliary input and an input for headphones or record out. Amp also has 12 presets channels. Now if there was some sort of way to Switch between the channels quickly like a foot pedal (mine is a 15 watt so the Sanpera II cannot be used on it), that would be great. I'd also like to point out that the Reverse effect is useless.

It's also quite a loud amplifier, mainly playing at home, I can't crank it up over 1 (out of 13) just because it being so loud.