Vypyr 15 review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Peavey: Vypyr 15

Price paid: C$ 80

Purchased from: Music Pro

Using an Ibanez GSA60 on this. This suits my style of music, because it has so many effects. From funk to thrash, this can do it all. Get slight buzz when not touching strings. Clean channel gets kind of fuzzy at high volume, still sounds good though. The distortion, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being clean and 10 being BR00T4L, this goes to about a 7. You can get some nice distortion, but it lacks a certain crunch, if you know what I mean.

This is a great match for any style. I have been playing for 4 years, this is my second guitar amp. First was some 10w Randall practice amplifier. I think this was worth the money. If this was stolen or lost, I would buy something much larger. Of course, I'm not looking for the same stuff I was looking for 2 years ago when I bought this. I love it's versatility. I hate the buzzing when turning on issue I talked about above. Favourite feature is the reverb, sounds great on a clean channel. Compared this to a Roland Microcube, liked this one better. I wish it had a beefier distortion. Overall this is a great amp for beginners ready to step up from their entry level combo pack amp, but don't want anything too big yet.

I could depend on this, but I would rather not. This is not a gigging amp at all, it's perfect for practice though. The amp sometimes has a problem turning on, you need to turn it on without the cable in and then plug in after a minute or two or else I will start buzzing like mad. This has done it from day 1.

Modelling amp, so it has tons of different amp settings. Very versatile, able to play any kind of music. I wish it had a better tuner though. That things hard to read. Once you find your tone, you rarely cycle through different settings again. I use this amp for at home practice, and for band practice. At maximum volume you can play with a drummer.