Vypyr 15 review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Peavey: Vypyr 15

Purchased from: Local Music Store

I play Heavy Metal and this amp is not in any way ready for it. It comes with 12 effects, 12 amp sounds, and 4 presets which you can save sounds to. I'm using a standard strat guitar with it and the original pickups. This amp is very scracthy when it is at low volume, however when it is turn up a bit it has a decent sound. The distortions on it aren't that good either. I suggest you save more money and invest in a better amp!

Overall if you are a Metal player who like bands such as Metallica, Slipknot, Disturbed, Children Of Bodom, Slayer; or any other bands that play various tuning. This amp is not anywhere near close to what you should consider buying. I've been playing guitar for a year now and I would say I'm pretty good. I use this amp with a BOSS DS-1 or sometimes my Boss ME-25; yes I am a Boss fan! I would never again purchase a Peavey amp unless it's the Valve King half stack. I don't love anything about it; maybe I like the lightness of it but most average practice amps are light weight. I wish I had the chance to buy a amp over instead of this Peavey Vypyr 15 watt model! Save you money and invest in another amp!

First I'll start off by just saying that this amp is not an amp to rely on at all. I've only had it a year and it went bad already. I never overpowered the amp or used it for long periods of times; maybe 3 hours but not straight, and it still gets pretty hot. I would never again take this amp anywhere else than a band practice. The amp also looks very ugly in the back; it's speaker and amp is exposed with no cover. It is light weight but still not worth the money!

This solid state amp has 12 amp and effects sounds and is a one channel amp. It is lacking a lot of features that an average guitarist may need; mainly reverb and delay. I play my amp mostly home, but I have played in bigger areas such as schools and small outdoor activities. The volume on this amp only goes up to 13 but it is good enough for me due to the small gigs I play.