Vypyr 15 review by Peavey

Peavey: Vypyr 15

Purchased from: guitar center

The sound of this is moderate, it can handle good quality distortion and nice cleans. This speaker sucks its tiny and it just sucks, great for practicing but it can not beat drums. I play mainly heavy metal and thrash metal, you can get other sounds as well with this amp. I play this amp with a Ibanez RG3EXFM1 with d activators installed into this guitar. The amp has nice distortion I love the rectifier, has the best tone and is just better sounding than the 6505. If you don't believe me put the rectifier on red and put the low and high knob all the way up and then put mids to 0 or just 2 both are good. This is one of the best metal sounds that this amp can make and my all time favorite. The pickups add an aggressive sound and it works well.

This is a fun/beginner amp, it can be easily modified, just look some stuff up, you could simply by a 12 inch speaker and rebuild it, or just buy a 4x12 cab and turn the 15 watt into a head. that's one of things I love about this amp, its really amazing for 100 dollars, fun to mess with, but if it got stolen, I would probably just buy the 30 watt cause that is the 15 pretty much souped up. And its a lot better than the 15 with the midi out and the additional effects and it has a 12 inch speaker. I highly recommend this amp for practice sessions and if you are a beginner. It is a decent and very fun amp to modify!

This amp is very durable, and with all electronics, just don't get it wet with water of course. Its also solid state so it should last for a long time, I have had mine for 3 years still works well, but I modified it. Hooked it up with a 12 inch speaker and turned it into a beast version of the 15watt. You could just hook this up to a 4x12 cab or something similar and it would be amazing. So you shouldn't gig with this unless you have it modified with a bigger speaker or make it have a cable out. So it is possible. You could try to gig with this with the 8 inch speaker, but it would be close to dying afterward, mine started loosing tone and clarity at like 4 and it can go up to 13... Not good.

This amp is so fun and its just a great little amp. Features and knobs can be annoying until you remember all the functions and know what's what. It is lacking from its bigger brothers and is the very basic form of the "Vypyrs". It lacks the midi cable, it lacks the additional effects knob, and it lacks a decent speaker. It has 3 channels each with 4 additional presets to save all of your setups.

rockrebel4896
    I hate this amp. its a step up from my sp-10 but its garbage. I Like real music and the tone quality and feedback are awful. Plus its just way to complicated one good amp is good for me with no effects, No bullshit just music.
    charlie21r
    Just love this amp! For 99$! its definitely a great one. Got good sound and reception.. the construction could have been better though. But I would definitely recommend this one!
    deathfromala
    I use this with SB-1. has great tone and you can do practically anything with it from BMTH to Green Day to country shit. great amp with many possiblilities
    avengedscreamer
    metalheads ola englund made a video demo of this on youtube watch?v=fNJk-4cgyxE wicked sick!
    MauserMorris
    yeah sick shit, sounds great, thats when I decided to ditch my Roland Cube and get this one Much beter choice@!
    rockrebel4896
    Its good for the first couple of months but makes practising and improving way more of a pain in the ass than it needs to be.
    PsiGuy60
    I own this amp and it's not bad for under 100 euros - sounds pretty damn good. One thing that bugs me though is how flimsy the knobs feel - my baby cousin could probably snap them off.
    MauserMorris
    for 125 euro I am a happy boy, only play once a week, could not find beter one for mainly metal and occiasonally fool around with other styles I mean a Iphone cost 600 euros, brand jeans 125 euro, it is a good deal. But worried by the knobs but hey 5 years warranty