Vypyr 30 review by Peavey

Peavey: Vypyr 30

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

All I can say about sound is LOUD! I am using this amp as a bedroom practice amp and i usually have it set to about 1 or .5 out of 13. Once I've turned it up to about 4 and I couldn't be in the same room. I play mostly punk rock or just rock, and it fits my every need. If you look around on the web, you can find settings to make it sound like other major rockers. I made a Van Halen setting for one of my presets and it sounds just like the real thing. This amp makes a great death metal sound too.

This is a great amp, for almost any genre. Go buy it today! I would definitely go and buy it again if it was stolen. It has way more effects than the Line 6, and it has a way cool light show. Overall 10/10! The only thing better possible about this amp would be if it would play for me!

I would take this amp to a small gig anytime! As I said before, this amp gets mad loud. It hasn't done any weird things for me, its been running perfectly so far. The only bad thing about this amp is the headphone jack. You have to turn it up to like 7 before you hear anything, so if your earphones get unplugged, you get blasted! Also, unless you have good earphones, the quality is kinda bad. That's why i'm giving this area a 7.

Hi! I bought this amp about a week ago and it's impressed me in every aspect. It has 12 different amp models, 21 different effects. It has a looper (works only with the Pantera foot pedal), it has a built in tuner, delay and reverb. You can have four different efect going on at the same time. Some of the awesome effects are reverser, which makes all the sounds coming from your guitar go out backwards. Another effect is the auto-wah, which generates a wammey bar sound. Also, you can have 12 presets saved on this amp.

Way Cool JR.
    I don't think I would ever buy one there's no bottom end and you cant use a good old fashion dual foot switch for channel changing. There are also to many glitches that is not good for reliability and I am sure it wont last long. The Peavey company also claimed it was all analog and not solid state.
    Skysc
    is the headphone line out really that bad .. cause im play a lot with headphone during the evening . thx .